GB HOMEPAGE

downloading a game

Posted By: exalthim2

downloading a game - 06/26/13 12:46 AM

I am trying to download a game from vive media and it seems to download good until it gets to the 'Run" window. I click it and get a message saying "enterlauncherbuttonwebsite i ini. Then i can't go any further. My computer is fairly new with updated rivers. Any ideas?
Kim
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 01:25 AM

Until someone comes along to help. When I had a problem downloading from them.. their customer service was very helpful and got me running the game.. have you tried emailing them.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 01:31 AM

No but I will if I can't get this going.
Posted By: traveler

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 02:02 AM

Kim,

I don't know how Viva Media works but when I download anything I don't hit Run (unless it's something like CCleaner's updates since I really trust them), I always hit Save. Do you have that option?

Gil.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 02:09 AM

As Traveler suggested, save the game to your hard drive before trying to Run it.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 03:19 AM

It doesn't give me a save option, only run
Posted By: traveler

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 04:48 AM

Does it give you Any option other than Run? Run would mean you are playing the game through the Viva Media site and I'm sure you can't. You have to have it on your hard drive.

Gil.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 05:57 AM

I just downloaded a Viva Media game and when I clicked on Run, it installed the game to my hard drive.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 01:03 PM

Draclvr,
At what point do you see "Run?" Is it after you downloaded the whole game or before the download?
Did you see anything like "enterlauncherbutton?"
Did you have to use a Viva Media game manager of any sort?

exalthim2,
Does the game have more than one file to download?

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 02:23 PM

I can't remember for sure - this was for the Dark Arcana game I just won from GB. But I "think" it was before.

I will redownload and pay more attention.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 03:12 PM

I had a problem also with Gray Matter.....I could not get it to unzip...It would say file corrupted...

Then I opened up DM.... http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Started to download clicked on save...It downloaded..Then DM pop up in the right hand bottom corner to show me the unzipped folder to click unzip.....I unzipped it ,and clicked open folder.....The folder opened up to the Icon... Setup....You have to double click on that to INSTALL the game first..The folder that is unzipped is called "GM" Look for that folder..Which has the SETUP Icon.....

It will install the game plus you have to install DirectX...

luck

exalthim2...You can't run the game until its installed on your computer.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 06:13 PM

OK, taking a lunch break. I used the download link in the email I was sent and got the "save file" window. So, the "run" I saw must have been after it was downloaded to my computer.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 08:23 PM

Thanks Darleen,
That sounds like a complicated procedure.
They make it hard to tell what you're doing.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 08:34 PM

Jenny....Its a zipped folder that needs to be downloaded first....

When you go to Viva Media to DL a window comes up OPEN or SAVE....

You want to save it...If your using Firefox browser that comes with a DL manager built in to the browser its in the upper right hand corner that shows the progress....

FF you can unzip also... Once you unzip the folder ..A new folder opens up which is "GM" in that folder is the Icon for SETUP to install the game....

Then just do what it says from there....

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 08:45 PM

Wow, how complicated. I didn't have any of that. I just got the "save" window when I clicked on the "download" link in the email; it downloaded and then I got the option to run the downloaded file.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 09:15 PM

duh It is a zipped file.....Thats what I got...

You can't run a game unless its installed on your hard drive....

Drac... Are you taking about Gray Matter or another game.... GM is a large file thats why I am assuming its a zipped download..

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 10:39 PM

Jenny, no it doesn't. It says run, then it goes to a fi file on my computer. I saw the folder GM and opened it up and I clicked "setup" and that's when I get that message. O also went to programs and I didn't see it in the program files at all. Kim

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 10:54 PM

You won't see it in your program files, because its not installed on your computer...

You might want to delete all the folders, and start all over....

After the DL did you have to unzip the folder?

Sounds like you have a corrupted DL....Do a search for Gray Matter, and GM...Delete all the folders that is associated with the game, and re DL,,,You can't uninstall anything cause nothing is really installed on your HD..

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:06 PM

Kim,

Just in case you didn't realize it, the folder icon with a zipper on it means it's a zipped file, and you have to unzip it before you can run any game installer that's inside. Clicking on a zipped file may show you the files that are inside the zipped file, but it won't let you actually "run" anything -- instead you'll get an error message of some sort.

If you see something like this, it's a zipped file
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/word2007_2010/images/unzip/downloaded_zip_file.gif

That's from this page, which tells how to unzip (extract) from zipped files.
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/word2007_2010/s6p1.html

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:07 PM

It's for Dark Arcana which is not a large file - it's only about 677 MB. I'll bet you're right about the issue being that Kim's download is a large file.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:13 PM

It is a Large file...

But heres the thing if she see's a folder GM that means she must of unzipped it...Cause the Setup Icon is in the folder only after it was unzipped...

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:29 PM

If you double-click on a zipped file, it will show you the contents of the zipped file -- but it doesn't automatically extract it unless you've installed a program that extracts files by default. Although Windows is able to extract zipped files, you have to right-click and choose "extract."

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:40 PM

I'll try to download it again but the file wasn't zipped. The file icon for GM was just a regular file folder, no zipper.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:43 PM

Have you tried emailing vive?
With my problem they sent me a link to a download that worked.

Re: downloading a game - 06/26/13 11:52 PM

Ok...Thats your problem..The game is Downloaded in a zipped file.....

Your DL was corrupted...If you try to DL again, and it still doesn't work....The UL for the DL might be the problem....So try what Winfrey suggested also...

Re: downloading a game - 06/27/13 12:25 AM

Ok so I don't know what happened but I think we all talked it into working after the 6th DL try. dance I finally got the zipped file, extracted it and we're good to go. Thank you guys so much for your help. urock

Kim

Re: downloading a game - 06/27/13 12:32 AM

Glad to hear you finally got it going... sometimes the download is an adventure in itself. :-)

Re: downloading a game - 06/27/13 12:33 AM

WOOHOO... So Happy for you... bravo

I had to DL three times on the third try it worked....

Have Fun happydance
Posted By: Chief

Re: downloading a game - 06/27/13 12:37 AM

Kim, happy to see you are OK with the game. dance

Chief wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community