GB HOMEPAGE

Dracula 4 - sound issue

Posted By: placidchap

Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 12:25 AM

Hi,

I purchased Dracula 4 from The Adventure Shop. It installed fine and everything seemed to go as it should up until I had control of the main character. There is no audio dialogue when speaking to the first NPC in the game nor any after that. The music is also minimal/nonexistent (not sure if this is part of the game or part of the same issue). The sound effects also stopped working very soon after.

Has anyone had this problem and know of a way to correct it? I contacted Microroids support via email but have obtained no response. This is the first time I've ever had any issues with any adventure game. I even went on to youtube and watched a brief portion of someone doing a complete play-through and there was audio when talking to that NPC.

Thank you. I'd really like to play but cannot bring myself to, knowing there should be sound when there is not.

Kyle
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 12:50 AM

welcome to GameBoomers, placidchap. One of our techies here should be able to give you some advice and suggestions about your problem. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 12:54 AM

Did you check the game's options menu to make sure the sound wasn't turned off by a glitch?

You might also try restarting the game to see if you have sound in a new game (in case this is the result of a corrupt save.)

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 01:25 AM

Thanks Marian smile

Jenny100
Yes I tried the sound options. I tried a new game and a new install and have run into the same problem each time frown. Thanks for your reply.

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 01:40 AM

Have you checked to see that your sound drivers are up to date? wave

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 06/30/13 11:35 PM

Hi Marian

I can't believe that worked...thank you!

Updating a driver to fix a problem hasn't been an issue in so long for me (I'd say 7-10 years at least!), I completely overlooked that avenue. Well, on to playing!

Thanks again for your help Marian and Jenny. smile

Kyle

Re: Dracula 4 - sound issue - 07/01/13 12:01 AM

I'm so glad that worked for you! dance wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community