GB HOMEPAGE

Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system

Posted By: MOUSEPOLICE

Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/07/13 04:53 PM

Currently playing The Next big Thing using my Windows 8 computer.
I needed a save game and MaGs duly obliged.
The thing is I can't, for the love of money, find the games savegame folder on my computer??
It was so much easier on my old XP machine to find the savedgames folder for games I was playing.
If anyone can help please feel free to contact me
Posted By: Geo

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/07/13 05:09 PM

Sometimes games put them in the Documents area.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/07/13 05:42 PM

Have you tried doing a search? Simply start typing either the name of the game or perhaps the company that has distributed the game - in this case Pendulo. Or as Geo suggested look in Documents. There are some older threads at GB which suggest you should search under Pendulo.

I also found a reference that says, Pendulo puts the Saved games in the hidden files Program Data folder in Vista and Windows 7, so it's possible that's where they are in Windows 8 too. From the desktop side, open up your C: drive and click on View at the top and put a checkmark next to Hidden Items.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/07/13 08:40 PM

Check any of these:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents
C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/07/13 09:52 PM

And Appdata\Roaming is also a hidden file if you don't have them enabled.
Posted By: MOUSEPOLICE

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/08/13 03:55 PM

Thanks Draclvr, MaG and Geo
With your guidance and a bit of Google searching I finally managed to find the saved games folder but what a set up it is to get to it!!
Copied and pasted the saved game from MaG and continued playing the game.
I'd thought I would lay it out for all viewers, especially users of Window 8 systems. This should work for most games being played under Windows 8.

For the game The Next Big Thing:-
Open up your C Drive.
Click/open up the View tab from top of screen.
Look for Hidden Item checkbox near top of your screen. Click on it to put a tick in the box.
Look on the right hand side of your screen and a new directory has appeared in your C Drive called "Appdata".
Now do the following:-

C;\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\PenduloStudios\TNBT\SaveGame

You should then be able to view your current save games, and add any save games you have asked for from Gameboomers.
Good luck to all using Windows 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/08/13 04:05 PM

The easiest way to locate the folders under Appdata to enter the "shell" command. From the run dialog, enter shell:appdata. Even if the folders are hidden, they will be visible.

Re: Saved games folders/directories using Windows 8 operating system - 07/08/13 05:22 PM

MousePolice, once you have checked the Hidden Folders in View, they will always be visible. You don't have to do it again.

While Windows 7 and 8 do put things in odd places, from what I found it's the game in this instance that does it all the way back to Vista.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community