GB HOMEPAGE

Cyberpower Black Pearl

Posted By: SharonB

Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 05:05 AM

As you may know I have been desperate to get a new souped-up computer with lots of gaming power.
I would like your opinions on this system with the addon's I have added.

CARE1: Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

CARE2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

CAS: * Azza Genesis 9000 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 2 x 230mm fans, 4x Easy Swap HDD, Dual Power Supply Support, & front USB 3.0 Port (Black Color)

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT: High-Performance Coolant powered by Koolance [+19] (Blue Color [+10]
)
CPU: Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN: CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ XSPC Rasa 750 RS240, Dual Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 18dBA)(All Venom OC Certified) [+63]

FREEBIE_VC: Free Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Game Coupon [+0]

HDD: 256GB ADATA SP900 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 555 MB/s Read & 530 MB/s Write [+112] (Single Drive)

HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+112] (Single Drive)

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD1: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard [+5]

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: * (4-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI [+11]

MOUSE1: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge [+4]

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+62]

RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

USB: External USB 3.0 4-Port Hub [+29]

USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+255] (EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling)

WNC: 802.11b/g/n 300 Mbps Wireless Card + External 2.4G 5 Dbi Omni-Directional Wireless Antenna [+39]

Once again I'm asking for your frank opinions on this setup.

I have actually already ordered this, but it's over my credit limit and I'm not sure it's been approved. Cyberpower did not say no...

In the unlikely case that my credit company will actually approve this purchase, are there any changes I should make? I tried not to go overboard but sometimes it's so hard to compromise. duh insane

Edit: If this goes thru I'll have to get another monitor with a slightly higher resolution. Mine is 1680 by 1050... or is that 1650 by 1080??

Just as a note of interest, my mother's name was Pearl Black
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 05:19 AM

Holy cow! That is a massively powerful computer. I assume you plan on playing all the newest and most powerful first person shooters and RPG games for a long time to come on this one!

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 07:08 AM

Draclvr, I may have gotten myself all worked up and excited for nothing. I've checked my order status and it just says order received. Wouldn't they have told me if my credit declined this purchase? Or perhaps it wasn't presented to them yet. I don't know what to think and I'm in a state of high anxiety. Usually I get told no right away but this was late at night and may not have processed yet.

I know I did go overboard. Do you know anything about ADATA SSDs? Someone on there forum was saying to only go with Samsung or OCZ SSDs. Well this may all be a storm in a teacup. I can only wait for business hours to call them and find out what's going on.

According to the read/write speeds the Adata is pretty good. Do you think I should instead get the OCZ Vertex 4? I know it has a pretty good reputation.

Long time to come? You bet'cha! I'm planning on keeping it at least 10 years or till new technology causes me to cave.
Posted By: Geo

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 08:58 AM

No offense SharonB but I think you should have stuck with the default version of this model as it is high-end to begin with and it seems to me the stuff you upgraded was overkill.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 02:08 PM

Congratulations, Sharon.
I hope you enjoy your new computer.

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 02:42 PM

You might want to read this Best SSDs for the Money March 2013 at Tom's Hardware. They rated the ADATA SSD 64 GB boot drive as the best drive under $110. I know yours is a different one, but I really don't know much about the ADATA drives.

Best SSDs for the Money March 2013 Tom's Hardware

Like I said, I hope you're into all the high end shooters and RPGs with a computer this powerful!
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 04:04 PM

Wow, that's one nice rig thumbsup

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 11:13 PM

Well I finally spoke with someone in sales thru email. He said it had not gone to my charge card yet, maybe tomorrow or Monday. So I'm 99% certain that my charge will decline this as my credit isn't nearly that high.

I shouldn't have tried to order it but I was tired and really desperate to get a great system. Looks like its going to be back to the drawing board. I'm thinking 8gb of ram, 1T hdd, I really liked the cooler master storm stryker for a case. Though I would like to get one with fan filters. And I definitely want a 670 geforce video card or better. I'm not sure what to do about the SSD card. I'd like to have one but I want to keep my costs down so eventually I'll have enough money for what I want.

Thanks for reading and letting me know what you think. I'll let you know once I have a definite answer on the purchase approval.

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/11/13 11:56 PM

Although the first build was awesome, if your credit card limit isn't that high, it might be better to get your feet back on the ground. I agree with getting a 670 if you can. I settled for a 660 Ti because of my resources and getting the best bang for my buck. I was trying to keep the video card to as close to $300 as I could. The 670's were $350 on up for the good ones.

The SSDs are wonderful, but they are a luxury if you don't have unlimited resources. You might think about getting a small one - like 60 GB - and simply pairing it with a large HDD and a motherboard that supports Intel Smart Response Technology. When set up with ISRT, it speeds up your most used programs without breaking the bank.

EDIT: Unless you have unlimited space, you might want to take a look at the dimensions of these cases. They are really BIG!

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/16/13 06:19 PM

Well I said I would let you know about my credit approval. It was, of course, denied. Actually that's a bit of a relief and a disappointment at
the same time.

I have worked hard to curtail my urges for the biggest most powerful computer I can get. I finally got it down to under $1500 with this build. All frank opinions welcomed.

Intel_GamingSeries_Configurator : Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4Ghz 6MB Cache Quad-Core |

Stock Intel LGA1150 Heatsink and Fan |

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H (Intel Z87, HDMI, 3xPCI-E, 6xSATA, 4xDDR3) |
8GB (4GBx2) PC3 10666 DDR3 1333Mhz Memory Lifetime Warranty |

1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps (Major Brand) |

64GB Sandisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 SATA3 SSD |

24X LiteON Label Tag Dual Layer DVD+/-RW DVD-RAM w/Nero |

2GB GeForce GTX 670 GDDR5 PCI-E Dual-DVI/HDMI (Major Brand) |

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit |

Corsair White Vengeance Series C70 (3 5.25, 6 3.5) 3 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0 |

750watt Corsair CMPSU-750TX V2 80 PLUS CERTIFIED |

Onboard LAN included |

Wireless B/G/N Dual Band PCI-Ex Adapter 600Mbps |

Onboard Sound included |

Internal All in 1 Card Reader |

Wires and Cables ran behind case and tied up for maximum airflow |

3 Year Parts and Labor Warranty

Greyfuss' build was a big inspiration and I borrowed extensively from that.

Any improvements are adjustments needed/recommended??

Sharon

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/16/13 06:56 PM

That's the same motherboard I just upgraded to (except in a Z77) and I really like it. Plus, the 670, plenty of RAM and a Core i5 4670K? Awesome...

The one thing I would consider changing is going with a Core i5 4670 instead of the 4670K. The "K" indicates that the core is unlocked for those who want to overclock their processor. You could probably save another $20 or so there. Unless you plan on overclocking your processor that is!

Have you decided how you will use the SSD? Will you have them install the OS on it or use it in the Intel Smart Response Technology configuration? You will need to let Cyberpower know so they can set it up the way you prefer.

Otherwise, I would hit the "Buy" button on this one!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/17/13 12:02 AM

Oh Boy SharonB it looks fantastic and... ...that Corsair case is great and its WHITE happydance thumbsup Although it isn't exactly the Corsair I got it is very similar and I absolutely love mine. The only thing I didn't care for is really because of my own preference. I have lanyards on all my USB Flash Drives (so I don't misplace them) and the USB 3.0 ports on the front are above the DVD Optical Drive so I have to make sure any lanyards I may have attached are out of the way before closing the DVD drawer or it gets in the way and prevent the drawer from closing. So not the case's fault but more of me wanting the lanyards.

One other thing I may want to mention is the sound. Like Draclvr says, they have improved very much to the onboard sound on these Motherboards and they do a very good job with the 5.1 speaker systems (I don't have a 7.1) But I found that the Realtec sound controls didn't offer me enough fine tuning that I have been use to with all the Sound Blaster Cards I have had. After I got my computer set up I went ahead and bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D and, to me, it sounds much better because of the tuning options I can use. If sound is important to you (with yous system and games I am guessing yes) and you have a good quality sound system you may want to add a Sound Card. Sound Blaster is my preference and most cards aren't that expensive.

Hope this one goes through for you. bravo

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/17/13 06:24 PM

Thanks Greyfuss and Draclvr. I am planning to use the SSD card as a cache for now, but I'm not ruling out getting a larger drive for a boot drive. And you're right about the K cpu, but I hesitate to close my options. I will probably get the one without the K because I can't see me ever over clocking my system and yet...

Greyfuss - I'm not sure I hit the right button on the case selection. I know I was originally going with the case you chose. I really like it and appreciate that it has fan filters. I can't honestly remember if I changed my mind in favor of this drive or not. As for the sound card, I haven't used a sound card in years. But you're right sound is important to me. I want my games to have good rich sound. I've been hearing a lot about the Xonar(?) card and I'm thinking of going with that.

This system was picked out at ecollegepc.

Unfortunately, I still have to save to get it.
cry

Sharon

Re: Cyberpower Black Pearl - 07/17/13 06:56 PM

I thought you were looking at Cyberpower, but this looks like a good build from ecollegepc too. I can't remember who recommended the Xonar cards, but I will definitely take a look at them myself if I ever need one. I'm just using my on-board sound right now, but I also have a Creative X-Fi Gamer Extreme card I got from Newegg as a refurb. The key to great sound is a really good set of speakers, then to a sound chip or card that can drive them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community