GB HOMEPAGE

CCleaner

Posted By: traveler

CCleaner - 08/06/13 01:11 AM

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not but CCleaner is not removing everything it should.
After I hit Analyze, for instance, it may tell me there are 100.6 MB to be removed.
I hit the Run Cleaner button and when it's done, it tells me that 88.1 MB have been removed.

This has only begun happening since I updated to the latest version.
I don't know why it's doing this but it was really beginning to annoy me so I uninstalled CCleaner and went to FileHippo.
They have older versions of it for download on the same page as the most recent version.
I opted for version 4.1.

Just in case anyone else is interested.

Gil.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 01:33 AM

That has happened to me now and then since I started using it about 5 years ago. I have no idea why, but it's nothing new for me anyway.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 01:55 AM

Draclvr,

How long did it last?
I downloaded the new version several days ago and it's done this consistently since then until I got fed up tonight.

Gil.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 02:58 AM

Most of the time the numbers match, but sometimes they don't. This has happened for me for the entire 5 or 6 years I've used it.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
Draclvr,

How long did it last?
I downloaded the new version several days ago and it's done this consistently since then until I got fed up tonight.

Gil.
Are any of the files compressed? Maybe it's calculating the expanded size.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 08:56 PM

I don't know, Inland. I haven't changed the default things that are checked. The only things I mess with are the cookies to be saved or deleted. So, since nothing's changed, I can't see how that would make any difference now.

Anyway, version 4.1 is deleting all the files "to be removed" so I'm happy again. <g>

Gil.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 09:45 PM

Hmmm... the most recent version is 4.04. They don't even have a version 4.1??? I just ran my 4.04 version and it said there were 835 MB to remove and it removed 835 MB.

Mysteries! But like I said, the numbers not always matching up is nothing new for me.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 09:49 PM

Maybe it was 4.01, Draclvr.
I'm too lazy to look.
It (4.01?) is a slightly older version, April of this year, I think, that's available at FileHippo.
I went ahead and downloaded it because CCleaner has never done this on my computer until I downloaded the version you have now, 4.04.

Gil.

Re: CCleaner - 08/06/13 11:17 PM

Different computers, I guess!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 04:54 AM

Its done it to me too. Has since I started using it..not always but it does do it..I also run mine more than once..usually Picks up some more the second time around.

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 05:35 AM

Yup, same here... not always, but now and then.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 01:55 PM

lol

I have just the opposite results. Normally I don't do the "Analyze" before I "Run Clean", but after this thread started I was curious so I have been doing an analyze before each clean and guess what? It actually removes more files than the analyze showed. This is with the new 4.04 64 bit release too. Go figure duh

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 02:18 PM

I've had 4.04 remove more files that the analyze shows too.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 04:02 PM

I wonder if it has anything to do with Browsers open while running the Analysis. I always close everything before running CCleaner.

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
I wonder if it has anything to do with Browsers open while running the Analysis. I always close everything before running CCleaner.

Me, too. I always close Opera to be sure CCleaner will remove everything.
I've never seen it remove more files than it showed when I hit Analyze, though.
You guys must have rogue copies. wink

Gil.

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 06:38 PM

Ccleaner always tells me I have to close my browser if I've left it open. In fact, it's won't finish the scan unless I let CCleaner close it.

That must be it, Gil! Rogue CCleaners!

Re: CCleaner - 08/08/13 06:52 PM

Them rogues is bad news, but you already know that or you haven't been playing enough Witcher 2.
(Actually, I think Letho is cute. grin)

Gil.
cranky & weird
© 2024 GameBoomers Community