GB HOMEPAGE

photo disc

Posted By: oldbroad

photo disc - 08/13/13 07:30 PM

Hi,

I had some photos in my XP computer that I saved on a disc and would like to put them in my Win7 computer. There are over 100 photos on the disc and the only way I can find to do it is to save each one individually which is being very time consuming.

Isn't there a way to copy the disc into my Adobe program?

Thanks.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 08:16 PM

Why don't you just copy them to your Pictures folder in Windows 7 - that should only take a few seconds. Then you can import them into your programs to edit or whatever you want to do with them.

The easiest way is to open your Pictures folder and snap it to half the screen by dragging it over to one side. When your mouse touches the edge of the screen, it will snap to exactly 1/2 of the screen. Then open up your CD and snap it to the other side of the screen. Then just drag the picture file on the CD over to the Windows 7 Pictures folder. If the pictures on the CD are not in a file, just make a new file in the Windows 7 Pictures folder, highlight all the pictures on the CD and drag them into the new folder.
Posted By: traveler

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 09:18 PM

Hey, Draclvr,

Just to clarify in case oldbroad needs things spelled out for her as much as I do, you have to grab the window by the title bar all the way up at the top to drag it to one side. <g>

Gil.

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 09:30 PM

Good point, Gil. I think snap is one of my favorite features in Windows 7 and 8. It sure make things easier.

How to Use the Snap Feature
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 09:49 PM

Thanks Draclvr and traveler!
I was able to open two windows without having to use the snap feature which I am not very good with and I copied them into my pictures folder.
I didn't even think to try that.

Originally when I put the disc in I tried to open some of the pictures and was told "could not open (file)JPG because a suitable graphics importer could not be found" so I thought I had to open the Adobe program.

Unfortunately, these pics date back to 2006 and prior. I don't seem to have saved later ones onto a disc (at least I haven't run across it yet) and I still have made no attempt to get my XP fixed since it died on me last year. I really want to though!

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 10:03 PM

Cool!

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 10:07 PM

Drac,

Is there any value to installing Silverlight?
It's a requirement for viewing the instructions on using the Snap feature on that MS site your link leads to.
I never saw any reason for Silverlight but maybe I'm missing something.

Gil.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
Is there any value to installing Silverlight?

Not unless you want to view something that uses it.
Usually that's only tutorials on the Microsoft site.

If you want a video on how to use Snap, there are several on YouTube. For example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2YG8xydGk
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szpZ7QMxTf8

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 11:30 PM

Thanks, Jenny, that's more or less what I thought.

Gil.

Re: photo disc - 08/13/13 11:53 PM

Yup, what Jenny said.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community