GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened

Posted By: jldcat

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 03:08 PM

Hello old friends! It's been awhile since I've posted in the forum but I haven't forgotten any of you.

I'm trying to run Sherlock Holmes The Awakened on my Win 7 64-bit laptop but nothing happens when I double click the icon. I've done my due diligence and searched for about 20 minutes but can't find how to fix it other than installing the Vista patch. I can't seem to find it on Gamefront so I'm hoping someone can help me...
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 03:22 PM

Here is a place where you can download the patch.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened patch

Give that a try and see if that helps. Let us know. wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 04:06 PM

Unfortunately it didn't work. Nothing happens when I double click on the game icon. frown

Thanks though!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 04:48 PM

It could be a Tages Copy Protection issue.

Try downloading and installing updated drivers; you would choose the 64-bit version:

Tages drivers for Windows 7

I would also try running the game as the administrator.

If none of this helps, the experts may have additional advice to give you. smile

Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 05:27 PM

There was another thread someplace that this game needed an update of the Tages copy protection drivers for Windows 7. Hopefully that will do the trick, jldcat.

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 06:16 PM

I'll give the tages drivers a try. I hope it works too! I tried running it in compatability modes and running as an administrator. I uninstalled and I think when I re-install I'll install it to a folder on my desktop rather than to program X86.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened - 08/14/13 08:39 PM

The driver update should work just fine - you've got to love DRM (not) smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community