GB HOMEPAGE

Wifi Router

Posted By: lexxy

Wifi Router - 08/16/13 04:33 AM

I have just purchased an inexpensive 7" tablet. I thought my in home modem had wifi but it seems it does not. I am not in search for the most powerful, less expensive router one can buy and so far I have seen everything from a cheap $24.99 to $300.00 and I am confused as to which would be best. I know with all the wealth of knowledge here some one can advise me. I only want to be able to go to the net w/o going on my desk top and of course read in bed. I don't need all the bells and whistle some use the tablet, just the basics.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Wifi Router - 08/16/13 04:40 AM

If the only thing you'll be using it with is the Tablet, I'd recommend something like this
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW/

Re: Wifi Router - 08/17/13 03:15 AM

Thanks so much for the link, that is what I was looking and of course the price is right.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Wifi Router - 08/17/13 02:51 PM

I hope it works out for you. It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a wireless router when you bought an inexpensive tablet. This one is very small and designed for travel -- such as when you're in a hotel room that only has ethernet and you need a wireless connection for your tablet or laptop. It works well with an iPad when you're in the same room as the router.

Re: Wifi Router - 08/17/13 03:45 PM

I went to Newegg and got it for $17.99 and while I was over there I picked up a cover for my tablet for only $4.99 and shipping is FREE.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community