The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs

Posted by: sanford

The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/28/13 09:25 PM

Hi fellow Boomers. I just started to play "The Raven-Chapter 2". About 5 minutes from the start of the game, the "Load Screen" hangs forever. I have the STEAM version of the game. I have tried to find a solution via Steam Support, but I'm not having any success. There is NO E-mail contact listed on the support site.
Does anyone have a direct e-mail address to Steam Support?
I had absolutely no problems playing Chapter 1, although the "loading screen"time was fairly long (about 60 seconds), but everntually WOULD load to continue the gameplay.
I have WIN XP as my OS, and a GeForce GT 430 video card.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sandy
Posted by: Draclvr

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/28/13 09:33 PM

sanford, you go to the link for your specific game. Once you are there, select the forums and from there you can select support to send them a support ticket. They are not the speediest, but I've always gotten a response within a couple of days though.

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/29/13 11:49 AM

Thanks so much, Draclvr. I'll give it another try.
sandy

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/30/13 12:02 AM

I've posted my problem on the Nordic Games forum, AND on the STEAM forum, draclvr, but I have not yet received any responses from either of them. I'll try again tomorrow.
Sandy

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/30/13 12:12 AM

Good luck... I've usually had to wait a couple of days. With the weekend coming it, it might even be longer.
Posted by: VRMpls2

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/30/13 12:57 PM

Tried again to reinstall from Adventure Shop...and it killed again during the 2nd chapter install. Doing this 5 times is a bit much now (takes forever) and am asking for 2/3 of my money back. They just said to do exactly what I said I did, and no help.

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/31/13 11:06 PM

Well, Draclvr, I took a chance by deleting the entire game, re-installing it (via STEAM), and now it's running perfectly. No more loading screen "hang-ups" at all. Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 08/31/13 11:18 PM

Woo hoo! Have fun...

Re: The Raven chapter 2 load screen hangs - 09/02/13 01:43 AM

Thanks, Draclvr. Not only am I having fun with this chapter of the game, I just completed playing it----thanks to Mag's MAGnificent WT.
Chapter 3 is scheduled to be released on Sept. 24.
Sandy