GB HOMEPAGE

URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP?

Posted By: SuMac

URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/22/13 01:28 PM

I was just reading some of the posts and thought it might be fun to play URU again. Also, I have never played any of the expansion games, even tho I have them. I still have my XP computer set up, but would like to play the games on one of my newer computers - Vista or Windows 7 - if possible. I don't want to do a lot of tweaking,
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/22/13 03:28 PM

I thought I had added Uru to the posts stickied at the top of the Glitches forum about Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Games, but obviously I didn't get that far! I have Uru, Ages Beyond Myst installed on my Windows 8 and it played just fine. I will double check on my Windows 7, but I'm sure it will play there too.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/22/13 10:12 PM

I am currently playing it on Windows 7 SuMac. Please see my thread on page 2 of this forum. I did run into a little glitch but it was fixable.

Re: URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/24/13 11:50 PM

Thanks for your help. That would be great if I can play it on my Windows 7 laptop.

Re: URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/24/13 11:57 PM

Oldbroad, I just read your thread and I'm not sure I want to do all that tweaking. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Or I might just turn on my old XP computer - it's still good to go, as far as I know.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: URU - Will it play on any OS other than XP? - 09/25/13 03:33 AM

It really wasn't tweaking. I don't tweak either. It was just finding the saves and copying them to another place.

Believe me, if I could do it anybody can! Just ask all the people in this forum. They all know I don't understand anything and am afraid to try!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community