GB HOMEPAGE

GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED

Posted By: Mad

GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/05/13 06:53 AM

EDIT :
I tried posting about this problem on the Hints Board and got myself a working save, thanks to a very kind Gameboomer !!!! bravo bravo

Hi smile
I'm trying the GOG version of GK1 but can't get past the zombies in Day 9 scared

I do already have a saved game for this point from a non GOG version - but of course it isn't compatible oops

[And I did manage to slow the GOG game down sufficiently to get past the notorious "beignet vendor" scene at the Police Station but that tactic doesn't work for the Snake Mound thumbsdown]

So, could anyone please oblige with a "GOG" save ?? [I would need the "GKSG.CAT" file too.]

I'm holding my breath and my fingers are crossed !! laugh

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Collector

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/07/13 08:48 PM

For speed bugs in DOSBox you can turn down the cycles to avoid them.

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/08/13 02:42 AM

Yes. That's what I successfully did for the "beignet vendor" part, Collector, but sadly, once I entered the Snake Mound area, mouse control absolutely went to pot - becoming badly unresponsive and sluggish - and turning down the cycles didn't help at all. [It was the first thing I tried.] duh

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/08/13 04:00 AM

Looks like I need to take a look at the GOG version. Do you have a save game from the room right before?

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/08/13 02:39 PM

Hi Collector.

Yes, I think I do - because I made copies of a few saves before all the messing about with trying to get past the zombies grin

Do you want me to send them to you ??

Cheers.

Mad smile
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/09/13 02:21 AM

Just out of curiosity Mad, what are the specs of your PC?

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/09/13 12:34 PM

Hi InlandAZ smile

I've sent the specs direct to you by email - because I couldn't find a way to display them here at Gameboomers from the format of the copy I have of them crazy

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/11/13 04:24 AM

That's a fairly fast processor MAD, hopefully Collector can find something to change in the GOG setup.

Does the game respond to the Ctrl+F11 key combo? That's how you normally slow things down in DOSBox.
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/11/13 07:12 AM

Mad I think I have what you need. I sent you a pm describing my gog saves. Let me know if you still need the saves and I'll send them

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/11/13 03:08 PM

Hi InlandAZ

No. I tried that but it didn't work for me woozy

In the "beignet vendor" scene at the Police Station I used the following successfully :

Change the core= option of the [cpu] section of the dosboxGK.conf file (inside the Gabriel Knight folder) from "auto" to "simple" (read the comments inside the file)
AND
Change cycles to "6000

So I tried doing that in the Zombie scenes also but wasn't successful. The sluggish, unresponsive mouse control (which only occurred in that particular section of the game) overrode everything to such a degree that it rendered gameplay practically non existent frown

Hi oldmariner

I've replied to your pm and would appreciate your sending the saves, please.
Can't have too many back-up options where Gabriel Knight is concerned !! lol

Cheers.

Mad thumbsup
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/11/13 06:00 PM

Ok Mad they are on the way. Let me know if they work. They are not indexed and only some are titled so I can't say what they all are but they do show up and work in my GOG version.

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/11/13 11:36 PM

Sorry I didn't get back in time, but it looks like you got your save game. If you still have the save game, I still would like to take a look. I have an idea what might be going on and would like to verify.

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/12/13 10:43 AM

Hi smile

oldmariner
Your saves arrived, thank you, and they all work !!!! Brilliant !!!!
Thank you very much for going to all that trouble happydance

Collector
I've sent you my last few saves - leading up to when the Zombies wake up.
And thank you, too, for looking into the problem thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/12/13 04:19 PM

I got the saves, but you forgot to include the catalog file (GKSG.CAT). The game will not recognize the saves without it.

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/13/13 03:22 AM

So sorry about that, Collector !!
I guess I was just trying to do too many things at once - at that particular time blush

Anyway, I have sent it now smile

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/16/13 11:25 PM

It might be a while before I have time to look at it, but I'll try to get to it soon.

Re: GK1 Gog Version Save : EDITED - 10/17/13 02:33 AM

That's fine and thank you smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community