GB HOMEPAGE

Secret Files: Sam Peters

Posted By: Adam Beals

Secret Files: Sam Peters - 10/19/13 03:22 AM

Hello,
I got the game from Steam, and it won't run. I get a error pop-up that reads:

fsasgame.exe has stopped working.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, 4 gigs of ram and plenty of space on my hard drive.

Thanks,
Adam
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Secret Files: Sam Peters - 10/19/13 04:09 PM

fsagame.exe is the name of the game's executable, so all that error is telling you is that the game stopped working.

Make sure your antivirus is not blocking the game. You may have to add "fsagame.exe" to the "allowed" list of your antivirus. Also if the game is trying to contact Steam, it may be being blocked by a firewall if you're using one.

The most important part of the specs for playing current games is the video card. Make sure your video card meets the system requirements. According to Steam, it needs
Quote:
DirectX® 9 compatible Graphics card with at least 128 MB RAM
which is fairly low end. So unless you have Intel graphics or some other onboard card without discrete video memory, the video card is probably not the problem.

I'm guessing either it didn't install or activate properly or it's being blocked by an antivirus.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Secret Files: Sam Peters - 10/19/13 07:25 PM

Hi Jenny and Adam,
I also downloaded this game from STEAM. It's "working" just great on my WIN XP computer. My video card is a "GE GTFORCE 430. I am running McAfee Virus Protection, which is not interfering with my gameplay. I hope you can get your problem solved, Adam, so you can enjoy this fun game.
Sandy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community