GB HOMEPAGE

The longest journey

Posted By: judith

The longest journey - 10/31/13 02:04 AM

Has anyone purchased the longest journey from GOG? I have the 4 cd of this game. I never had problems with it before, but this time, it has been throwing me out of the game with the error message "the game has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". It has also been freezing for a few seconds with stuttering sound, then unfreezing. I would like to know if there are any problems with the GOG version. Also, is there any way I could install my last saved game to the GOG version? Thanks Judy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The longest journey - 10/31/13 02:32 PM

It seems to work OK for most people, going by the GOG user reviews for the game. One person specifically says the GOG version worked on his Windows 7 computer while his CD version didn't.
http://www.gog.com/game/the_longest_journey#reviews=6

You'll just have to test your old saves on it. Remember that tlj saves are in two parts -- a .tga file and a .tlj file -- according to this
http://www.geocities.ws/journeysaves/instruct.htm

The save location may be different for the GOG version from the example on that website.

Re: The longest journey - 10/31/13 04:07 PM

Thank you very much for all your help Jenny100. I already put my last saved game (both parts) on my desktop, & I'm going to delete the game & buy it from GOG. I've been playing it on my XP rather than win7 because I've never had any trouble with it before. Judy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The longest journey - 11/01/13 02:40 AM

Good luck, Judy.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: The longest journey - 11/01/13 03:37 AM

I have the 4 cd version installed and it plays fine with 3D acceleration disabled (Windows 7 x64). It seems to be hit and miss for most folks.

Now if I could just remember what I changed to make it play windowed blush

Re: The longest journey - 11/03/13 06:39 PM

Hi everyone; I got the GOG version, & I had the same problem playing it on xp as I did with the CDs. But it played perfectly on my win7 without a hitch & finished playing it yesterday. Now on to Dreamfall. Thanks everyone.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community