GB HOMEPAGE

Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet?

Posted By: SuMac

Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/17/13 12:26 AM

I have been getting messages on my homepage (MSN) to download and install Internet Explorer 11. I just wondered if anyone has done this yet and are there any problems.

There is also a link to download "Browse Safe" with Internet Explorer. I don't know anything about this either, which is a separate download from IE 11.

I've gotten these messages on both my Windows 7 laptop and my iMac.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/17/13 12:47 AM

I have IE 11 on both my Windows 7 and my Window 8.1 drives. I seldom use IE, but it seems to be quite a good browser. Don't know anything about Browse Safe...
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/17/13 02:58 AM

I did install it the other day on one of my Windows 7 rigs, but ended up uninstalling it for compatibility issues (Web Site type issues).

There's no problems removing it. If you decide you don't like it, you can easily uninstall it.

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/18/13 12:12 AM

I was just wondering about my iMac, because that uses Safari as a browser.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/18/13 12:19 AM

I don't think you can run Internet Explorer on a Mac unless you have Windows in a VM, Boot Camp or Parallels.

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/19/13 12:59 AM

I'm sure you're right Draclvr; I really wasn't even going to try on my Mac. However I just downloaded it on my Windows 7 laptop. It seems pretty much the same as before.

I was reading on Google that it was designed mainly for Windows 8, but because so many people still have Windows 7, it's been adapted for that OS.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/19/13 07:16 PM

I'm like SuMac in that I've been getting messages on IE to upgrade to IE 11, which I haven't.

Inland your reason for uninstalling IE 11 is of interest to me. Can you elaborate on the compatibility issue(s) you ran into?
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/20/13 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer6
I'm like SuMac in that I've been getting messages on IE to upgrade to IE 11, which I haven't.

Inland your reason for uninstalling IE 11 is of interest to me. Can you elaborate on the compatibility issue(s) you ran into?

It's very common for Web sites to check for specific browser versions in their scripting code. IE 11 was not one of them, so they reported it as an error.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Anybody Downloaded IE 11 yet? - 11/20/13 11:07 PM

So MS is ahead of some sites.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community