GB HOMEPAGE

Testament Of Sherlock Holmes

Posted By: Uncle Reg

Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/21/13 05:22 PM

The last time I played Testament Of Sherlock Holmes, I was continually plagued by a popup message that said "To make a character move faster, press and hold L Shift". It occurred throughout the entire course of the game, repeating at least several dozen times, probably a lot more than that. It was extremely annoying. I use the first person view, holding down the left mouse button to walk, and it seemed like every time I held the mouse button down for more than a few seconds, the message would pop up. Does anybody know how to keep this from happening, without actually holding down L Shift every time?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/21/13 05:44 PM

Hi Uncle Reg,

No, there's no way to stop that popup, unfortunately. I agree with you that it's annoying.

I just resort to swearing at it, which makes me feel better. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/21/13 11:02 PM

Sounds like it needs a patch.

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/24/13 07:24 AM

There is a second patch that I didn't have installed last time. It doesn't say anything about fixing this problem, however.

Rushes,

Did you have both patches installed when you played?

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/24/13 04:25 PM

I didn't install either patch. As the popup is a tutorial feature (albeit a very persistent one!) rather than a bug, I'm not sure if a patch would address it. Why not give the second patch a try, just in case?

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/28/13 06:29 AM

I installed the second patch and the problem is still there. I got several popups walking the halls in the prison, and several more walking the streets of Whitechapel and I'm only about half way through the Whitechapel chapter. I'm going to play all the way through again. I'm on a quest to win all of the honours.

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/28/13 03:56 PM

Ah, that's a nuisance.

Good luck with the achievements! The Blackmail achievement is probably the trickiest of the bunch. We'll be happy to offer help over at Hints should you need it for any one.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Testament Of Sherlock Holmes - 11/28/13 04:56 PM

I didn't say there was a patch.
I said it sounded like the game needed one to remove the annoyance.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community