GB HOMEPAGE

One click opening of files.

Posted By: oldman

One click opening of files. - 12/10/13 05:08 PM

I just discovered this option by accident. It's probably been available since the dark ages but I was never aware of it. I discovered it when my new mouse (Logitech Wireless Trackball) would not open files with a double (or single) click. When I checked I found out how to enable/disable single click to open. I am now happy with the single click to open files and I wonder what is the downside to using single click? I can't think of any and wish I had learned this earlier in my computer life.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: One click opening of files. - 12/10/13 06:42 PM

My brother uses it. I prefer the double-click because I have shaky hands and it's too easy to single-click things by accident.
Posted By: Robert Gault

Re: One click opening of files. - 12/11/13 01:29 AM

Another reason could be that if you want to mark several files for deletion or movement to another directory, you don't want the files to open just because you are highlighting them.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: One click opening of files. - 12/11/13 08:14 AM

I once had the scroll wheel on my Logitech mouse set to double click, which was nice. Then I started using a 3d program which didn't like the scroll wheel set to double click. Once I set it back to its default function the problem stopped. Just an FYI in case someone runs across a similar problem.
Posted By: oldman

Re: One click opening of files. - 12/11/13 06:36 PM

I'm really liking this single click option. In the event I want to click on several files for moving/deleting etc. I just use either the ctrl or cap key and that turns off the option to open so everything is working well for me.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community