GB HOMEPAGE

Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added ....

Posted By: Mad

Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/10/14 05:45 PM

On the Gameboomer Forum screen, in the black space towards the top (between and below the boxed titles "Forum" and "The Adventure Shop") a small blue box with a white cross inside appeared today.

If I click on it, I get sent to a Big Fish page where I can purchase a Dark Parables game woozy

Can anyone else see this box ??
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/10/14 05:51 PM

I don't, but then thanks to Jenny, I have my ad-blocker on. Perhaps they are trying to help pay the bills with a little Big Fish ad?

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/10/14 06:20 PM

Well, anything that helps pay the bills sounds OK !! lol

But there is already a "Big Fish" box, quite close to the little cross, that gives direct access to Big Fish when clicked on think
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/10/14 06:27 PM

I've seen it for a couple of days now, the URL is: http://www.gameboomers.com/banners/BFDarkParables.gif

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/10/14 06:30 PM

Are you happy to just leave it there, InlandAZ ??

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/10/14 08:14 PM

EDIT :

Something else I have noticed is that :

A) Although I opted to be emailed if anyone answered my post, I wasn't.

AND

B) Although I selected "Add Topic To Your Watched Topics", the little marker isn't showing.

It's all getting really weird !! eek
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad

It looks like it's been corrected now - at least I don't see it Mad smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 02:58 AM

I am culprit. wink
I placed a banner for Big Fish Thursday.
Then I went out of town for the weekend. The Big Fish banner info lapsed. I didn't have the link to the server to delete the whole thing. To not have the lapsed info floating around, I ended up deleting the banner alone.

It's a puzzle in the ongoing GameBoomers adventure.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:10 AM

I still see it.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:12 AM

Oldbroad,
Refresh your page - press F5 ley. smile

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:18 AM

F5 got rid of it for a minute and then it came back after going into a post and coming back out.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:22 AM

WoW ...I never seen it.... crazy

Maybe it is just for some on GB's.....Because I have NEVER seen any kind of little box... duh

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:27 AM

Actually, I'm seeing several weird things lately. The Gameboomers sites list is on the side of some of the pages, the Interact button is still up on some of them, and five minutes ago on the walkthroughs page there was a big blue download button (didn't say what it would download). That turned into an Amazon ad when I left that page and went back.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:55 AM

Thanks for explaining, MaG smile
Until InlandAZ posted, I was beginning to wonder if something was going haywire at my end.

My two other "weirdies" are still happening but that little box has disappeared for me, too, now yes
But your weirdies, oldbroad, seem more severe !! think

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 04:36 AM

Mad,
Please verify the watched topic by (after selecting the topic on "Topic Option"):
- Open your My Profile at top of page.
- At drop down menu, select watch list.
- Select the "Watched Topic".
- Then check the "edit watched topic" a little to the right side of the frame.
See if the e-mail notification is checked.

This of course depends if you already checked the e-mail notification at "edit preference" at My Profile.

Oldbroad,
That is weird. Please clear your temporary internet files.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 05:24 AM

Hi MaG smile

I have looked again but as far as I can tell I'd already done everything you suggest.
And I've never changed my Profile Preferences. [That's the first place I looked.]
I've always opted to have email notifications for both private messages and Watched Topics.

However, I wasn't notified of any of the replies I've received to this post and the little "Watched Topic Marker" has still not re-appeared headscratch

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 02:34 PM

Hi Mad,

I reset "something". wink You might have been logged out.
Please be sure that you click on top left "Topic Options" and selected add this topic to the ones you want to watch.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/11/14 03:10 PM

Wonderful !! Thanks very much, MaG. Everything is back to normal now bravo

[I didn't think I was logged out because I did keep checking what showed next to the Welcome Mad" box.]

Anyway I'm just happy all is well again rah

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/12/14 04:06 AM

MaG,

I cleared my temporary internet files a few days ago which helped me to not keep getting logged out (see that other thread) but still have problems listed above including the leftover box with the x in it.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen - 02/12/14 04:32 AM

Oldbroad,

I reset a setting on your profile. You might be logged out. See if you can exit GB and then comeback in. Be sure to refresh your browser. Keep us posted.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/13/14 03:38 AM

Hi MaG,

Still all weird but it's not hurting anything. duh

Still getting the little leftover box on some pages, a green "start download" button on the walkthrough page and the site menu on the left. (Was that always there on pages other than the homepage?)

A couple of pages do have the Interact button, like the GB Interviews page. I only saw that because I'm looking for problems. I think it's on another page too.

Anyway, please don't worry about it. I imagine it will be back to normal one of these days soon.

Thanks!

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/13/14 02:46 PM

There is an adsense banner at walkthrough page.
If you see a 2013 at copyright bottom of the page - that page is an old one and you need to reload-refresh the browser. wave

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/14/14 03:34 AM

Nope. It says 2014 Gameboomers Group.

The banner has a green download button which (today) is in a white space and to the right of the white space it says "Free Zipper" "download from our site". This is not always the same. The other day there was just a big green download button didn't say anything else (like what would download).

I hope there's not something on my computer going out.

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/14/14 05:15 AM

If you haven't done a deep scan with your Malwarebytes lately, I'm thinking now might be a good time.
Posted By: Jema

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/14/14 03:41 PM

oldbroad, if you right-click on that download banner, then click on "properties", it looks like it's an ad from Google Syndication.

BTW, I don't remember the GameBoomers Sites list always being on the left side of the Walkthroughs first page. I think it may have been moved to make room for that download banner at the top.

wave

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 03:01 AM

I had not done a deep scan, just a quick one with both Malwarebytes and Norton (a couple of times) and nothing was found. Was going to do full scans today but had other things to do. BUT, the little leftover box is gone today and so is the Interact stuff.

I believe you're right about that Jema.

Gremlins or MaG???

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 03:54 AM

Perhaps one and the same?!

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 06:02 AM

Draclvr !!!! lol lol lol

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 07:18 AM

grin

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 01:26 PM

frenchie What are Draclvr and Mad grinning about? insane

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 04:42 PM

Oldbroad:
Quote:
I had not done a deep scan, just a quick one with both Malwarebytes and Norton (a couple of times) and nothing was found. Was going to do full scans today but had other things to do. BUT, the little leftover box is gone today and so is the Interact stuff.

I believe you're right about that Jema.

Gremlins or MaG??

Drac:
Quote:
Perhaps one and the same?

grin

Re: Little Box on Forum Screen and Another Anomaly added .... - 02/16/14 09:34 PM

wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community