GB HOMEPAGE

Nuke The Hard Drive?

Posted By: lexxy

Nuke The Hard Drive? - 02/10/14 07:34 PM

I was having so many problems with my computer, powering down w/o prompting, slow signing to the internet ect. I took my machine to a tech who told me my macine was so infested with virus that in order to save the machine he would have to Nuke The Hard Drive . I did not ask what it ment I just said let me think on it. I trust your knowlwdge and opion so tell me just what does te work NUKE mean?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Nuke The Hard Drive? - 02/10/14 07:59 PM

It means he will completely reformat the drive and reinstall your operating system. It will like starting with a brand new machine. I've found this is what many computer repair places do because it's just so much simpler that way. Plus if malware is the problem, then they know it's been totally wiped out.

Is this an XP computer? If it is, then you might ask if it's worth restoring XP since Microsoft will be ceasing all support in just a couple of months.
Posted By: Geo

Re: Nuke The Hard Drive? - 02/11/14 12:46 AM

Sometimes its good to just start again fresh.Your computer will be free of problems and seem faster too.
But before you do this save your Documents folder,Your Favorites folder,and any important Pictures to a flash drive or external harddrive if you have one.
If you do decide to do this the very first thing you should do when you get it back is install an antivirus program and run it because a newly installed antivirus program will run a preliminary scan to have a record of good computer settings to compare to.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community