GB HOMEPAGE

Fable Game from 1996

Posted By: luis

Fable Game from 1996 - 03/02/14 11:39 PM

Hello,
I just recently came across this game and started playing it. There is a part in the "Engulfed Fortress" chapter that you run into a mermaid. For some reason, the mermaid's dialog just keeps repeating over and over and doesn't stop. Has anyone played this game and encountered the same problem?

Thanks
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Fable Game from 1996 - 03/03/14 12:54 AM

Hi luis, this sounds like a bug so I'll move you across to our Glitches forum for advice. luck
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fable Game from 1996 - 03/03/14 02:32 AM

Are you playing it in DOSBox? or trying to play it in Windows?
Posted By: luis

Re: Fable Game from 1996 - 03/03/14 06:20 AM

DOSBOX
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fable Game from 1996 - 03/03/14 04:13 PM

I'm not the DOSBox expert, and I haven't been able to find anything about your problem with Fable using a Google search.

The closest I found in the DOSBox support was
http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#Stutter

Quote:
SOUND: The sound stutters or sounds stretched/weird.

You may be using too much CPU power to keep DOSBox running at the current speed. You can lower the cycles, skip frames, reduce the sampling rate of the respective sound device, increase the prebuffer. See section 13: "The configuration (options) file"
If you are using cycles=max or =auto, then make sure that there is no background processes interfering! (especially if they access the harddisk) Also look at Section 10. "How to speed up/slow down DOSBox"

If that doesn't help and no one here has another suggestion, maybe try posting at the DOSBox forum.
http://www.vogons.org/viewforum.php?f=53
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Fable Game from 1996 - 02/02/16 05:39 PM

I have just noticed that as well!

But I don't think anything is wrong here. I have it in both Windows and DOS (@DOSBox) versions of the game. It must be a feature, not a bug. Just talk with the siren - and she will stop mumbling smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community