GB HOMEPAGE

Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available

Posted By: mignonne

Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available - 03/29/14 07:06 AM

I'm so bummed. I was just playing the Demo and encountered
a Fatal Error. It locked up my computer and I had to Ctrl/Alt/Del
to get the task list to end the program.

I had left the hotel and walked to the right by the garbage pit
when the error box read:

Fatal error in gc
GetThreadContext failed

If anyone has an idea why this happened, I'd appreciate the help.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available - 03/29/14 01:11 PM

Try disabling your antivirus.
Posted By: mignonne

Re: Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available - 03/29/14 10:04 PM

Thanks for the advise.

I'm just going to wait until the full game is released.
If it's Jane Jensen, there's no way I'm not going to
play it. Between Moebius and the GK1 remake...
I'm ecstatic!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available - 03/29/14 11:47 PM

Just to clarify there is supposed to be a bit of a conflict between the .Net framework, which the Unity engine uses, and some virus checkers.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Jane Jensen's "Moebius: Empire Rising" Preorder Discounts and Demo Now Available - 04/02/14 08:27 PM

Hi Mignonne
I'm playing the DEMO on my "old dinosaur" WIN XP computer, and so far the demo version is running very smoothly. I have not had any "Net Framework" or any other problems SO FAR. I DO remember, I did try to play a game awhile ago and I DID have a Net Framework problem with THAT game. (Don't remember the title of that game).
I really think that if you are having a problem with the DEMO version of THIS game, you most likely will have the SAME problem with the FULL version. At least this is my NOT so humble opinion based on my own experiences.
Sandy

Note: I finished playing the DEMO without having any "incidents"
© 2024 GameBoomers Community