GB HOMEPAGE

Google and bookmarks?

Posted By: Terri824

Google and bookmarks? - 03/31/14 06:45 PM

I've had such a problem with Google Chrome that I uninstalled it and re-installed it. This question might be a bit late but is there anyway to retrieve my bookmarks/favorites?

Thanks,
Terri
Posted By: Geo

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 03/31/14 08:44 PM

Favorites should still be under C:/users/computername/favorites
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 03/31/14 09:11 PM

That won't work for Chrome, only for IE. Have you checked to see if they are still there, Terri?

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 03/31/14 10:44 PM

Hi Drac. I'm not sure what I'm seeing now! I am getting some favorites now, where I wasn't before. The inconsistency is driving me nuts. I was the lucky recipient of "Conduit Search". I removed the Conduit search settings from Google Chrome and restored my browser settings. However at some point when I tried to go into my hotmail from my toolbar by hitting the icon/shortcut and I got the message that it couldn't find blu and some number with it and I decided to get rid of All of Google & G. Chrome. Then re-installed. What is it with me and Google Chrome. I still can't get it (Google Chrome) to shut down on my Win8.1 pc at night when I run CC. Let me get back to it in a bit. My husband went off today to work on a rent house so I've been trying to get something done around the house.
If this doesn't make sense, just delete it and pretend I never wrote it please.
Thanks,
Terri grin

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 04/01/14 05:37 PM

Sorry for the delay getting back to this. It appears that I do have my favorites back and I was able to get an active shortcut (for my hotmail) back on the toolbar. Now I need to see why my Bing is not working properly on the first search. I get oops Google Chrome cannot find Bing. Then it's a hit and miss after that.
Thanks,
Terri
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 04/01/14 08:06 PM

in chrome.. upper right corner you will see 3 horizontal lines click on that.. go to settings.. you will see a section for search.. with an arrow click there and you can choose what to use... google or bing or..... hope this helps

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 04/02/14 02:50 AM

Hi Winfrey. This does not seem to be the problem. It is all working fine right now, but not consistent. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Haven't talked with you in ages, how ya doing?

Terri wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Google and bookmarks? - 04/02/14 03:59 AM

Doing well Terri.thanks for asking :-)
© 2024 GameBoomers Community