GB HOMEPAGE

ccleaner

Posted By: kjos

ccleaner - 07/23/14 07:40 PM

I tried ccleaner and ran it and it deleted all my password on all of my web sites. Good think I had them all written down. Do you know what I did wrong. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: traveler

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 07:49 PM

Richard,

If you delete all your cookies, you delete the ones that keep you signed in to sites like GB.
To avoid that, go to the Options menu on the left and select Cookies.
You'll come to a list of all the cookies on your computer.
Move the ones you want to keep (so you'll stay signed in) over to the right.
That's it!
Next time you use CCleaner, it will leave those cookies alone.

Gil.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 07:49 PM

You didn't do anything wrong, Richard. That's what CCleaner does - it cleans, quite thoroughly as you see. All you have to do in the future is move the websites for which you want to keep the cookie over to the side where CCleaner will leave it alone. Read more about how to manage cookies in CCleaner here...

http://techdows.com/2012/02/ccleaner-intelligent-cookie-scan.html
Posted By: kjos

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 08:00 PM

Gil that's what I didn't do uncheck my cookies. That's why all my user and password where deleted. Any thing I have else to do? Thanks Gil and Draclvr. Will try it again. Tha thanks so much.
Richard

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 08:11 PM

Nope, that's it! It really does help keep junk from building up too much.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 11:22 PM

Just installed it and am very pleased! Great program! It even removes incomplete uninstaled programs that were stuck on the add/remove programs list for months!

Thanks kissy

Re: ccleaner - 07/23/14 11:48 PM

Yes, it is one of my must-have utilities.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: ccleaner - 07/28/14 05:59 AM

You may also want to look through the options menu to make sure it doesn't fiddle with any programs/files/etc. you don't want to lose. When CCleaner goes to work, it doesn't just work on cookies, it will delete files and other things you might wish to keep. Almost found this out the hard way until I took a real close look before allowing it to proceed.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: ccleaner - 07/28/14 05:57 PM

thanks Homer6!
Posted By: Homer6

Re: ccleaner - 07/29/14 07:55 AM

You're welcome.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community