GB HOMEPAGE

Grim Fandango

Posted By: kjos

Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 08:38 AM

I just installed Grim Fandango and runs just fine but I don't think it likes my graphic card. Lots of lines in the game. I played it years ago and really liked it. I tried everything and I can't get them out.I even changed the compatibility to win 95. I have xp now.
Richard
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 09:34 AM

Perhaps ResidualVM might be an option. It's like ScummVM, except it focuses on the GrimE engine (Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island). The page states it is finishable with a few minor glitches.

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 10:00 AM

Thanks Jarkeld,will look at it. I tried the patch but I'm still getting the lines.
Richard
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 05:48 PM

Try this, It has also been tested on Win XP. Then you do not need Another program. I used it on my win 7 machine and it runs perfect. Download both the Setup and The Launcher. After all is installed change program comp to Win 98

Grim Fandango Setup and Launcher

Cheers sherlock

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 06:35 PM

Thanks Lagavulin,I tried it but there still are those graphic lines. It all in the video card too powerful to run the game. I tried the game on my other pc and it ran just fine with a smaller video card.
Richard
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/05/14 08:37 PM

I doubt the problem is that the card is too powerful. I'm running Grim on Windows 8.1 with a VERY powerful video card which plays all the shooters and RPGs on high settings. You might try either updating your video card drivers or maybe even rolling them back. Check for a video card update first - just go to the manufacturers website.

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/06/14 12:24 PM

I corrected the problem with the lines. I went into dxdiag and disabled the directdraw and no lines. Wonder how that will effect my other games that I play?
Richard
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/06/14 02:21 PM

Good to know how you fixed it. You can always go back in and re-enable direct draw if it's needed in other games.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Grim Fandango - 08/06/14 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
I corrected the problem with the lines. I went into dxdiag and disabled the directdraw and no lines.

Thanks for posting the solution, Kjos.
It may help someone else.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community