GB HOMEPAGE

Downloading questions

Posted By: The Haze

Downloading questions - 10/31/14 04:32 AM

I recently purchased The Raven from GOG. Downloading proved to be tedious experience which precipitated some questions. I installed and attempted to use GOG's downloader, but every time I tried it I received a message saying I had "Error 302". Does anyone know what that is and how to fix it? I finally used The "Windows installer" and had to load each of five parts. They would not load from the top to the bottom, but did load without difficulty when I started at the bottom and moved up. Anyway, I finally have the game loaded, installed, and running fairly well. Has anyone any ideas as to why what happened did indeed happen?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Downloading questions - 10/31/14 06:47 AM

Hi smile

I can't imagine why you needed to load the parts in reverse order, The Haze. That sounds really weird woozy

I've never had problems downloading from GOG myself but then I never use their downloader.
I always just use either IE or Firefox.

Anyway, now you safely have the game, I hope you enjoy it. I certainly did happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Downloading questions - 10/31/14 06:28 PM

I have had the same problem with downloading The Witcher 2. As far as I can understand it can happen if there's too mushc traffic on the internet. (just like carjamming on the highway during rush hour). It also can happen if there's a problem with your ISP-provider. I tried again 2 hours after and then maybe the next day - the game downloaded fine.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Downloading questions - 10/31/14 08:29 PM

***Explanation of error 302***
Short answer is -- not a problem you can fix because the problem is not on your end.
Like Karsten says, try again a few hours later -- or next day.

And welcome to the purported "convenience" of a download instead of a physical disc.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Downloading questions - 10/31/14 08:49 PM

Jenny100, I take that you, lke me, would rather have the disk? At the same time, I doubt that I could ever have purchased all three parts on disk for $5.00. That's what the sale was at GOG.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community