GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight 2

Posted By: judith

Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 07:36 PM

I put this game on my xp with an installer. It plays just fine, but the screen is a small square in the middle of my monitor, it does not fill the screen. Anyone know if that can be fixed? I know GOG has this game, but I don't want to buy it from them if I get the same small screen. It's not that big a deal, because it's still very playable. I was just wondering. Thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 08:04 PM

I've moved your post over to Glitches. There's probably a relatively simple fix for this problem. Let's wait for some advice.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 09:06 PM

Thanks Marian.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 09:19 PM

Change your desktop resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 before starting the game.
Going by the age of the game, it probably runs in 640x480.
However with your desktop resolution at 800x600 the game window will still be reasonably large.

or
Right-click the game exe --> Properties --> Compatibility tab --> check checkbox for "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" --> Click OK or Apply to Save changes.

You might need to adjust scaling on your monitor or video card to prevent horizontal stretching if you have a widescreen monitor.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 09:30 PM

Will give it a try Jenny100, thanks. Did anyone buy it from GOG, & if so, did they fix it so it fills the screen?

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 09:32 PM

I have the GOG version and it's fullscreen.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 11:05 PM

Judith, did you try pressing the alt key with the enter key at the same time? or is it the ctrl key and the enter key? I can't remember, but, when I have a small screen, if I do that, it will become large again. In fact, if I remember correctly, if I would minimize GK2 and then try to get it back again, it would be in small screen, so, I just would do that and it would get bigger. It is worth a shot and I hope it works for you!

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/22/15 11:39 PM

I believe the command is alt + enter - give it a try and let us know if this works.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 01:30 AM

I tried the alt + enter but it didn't work. It's no biggie, but I just might buy the GOG version later on. Thanks everyone.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 01:32 AM

Others here may still have suggestions, too.
Posted By: Collector

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 05:41 AM

If you used Enrico Rolfi's installer it is the Win version. There is no way to make it full screen. You can lower your PC's resolution. You can also just use the installer from here:

http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/NewSierraInstallers.html#GK

It installs the DOS version automatically configured in DOSBox. It includes a configuration wizard that will allow you to select full screen. Like Enrico Rolfi's installer it can do a full hard drive install for CD-less play. Your CDs will not be required to play after it is installed. It is also what the GOG version is based on.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 04:17 PM

Is this the installer you used, Judith?
http://gkpatches.vogons.org/

If it is, that's why Alt-Enter doesn't work.

There's nothing the GOG version has that the Sierra installer Collector linked to does not. The GOG version uses DOSBox.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 06:32 PM

I had to go into my D drive to see what patch I used. It was well over a year since I did it, but just getting around to playing it again because my husband had colon cancer & prostrate cancer & then I was diagnosed with a heart condition, it has been quite a year & a half. The patch I used was the Enrico Rolfi's patch, thanks Collector. A small screen doesn't take away from such a good game, but you do get used to a nice full screen with the newer games. Thanks everyone for your wonderful help
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - 05/23/15 08:21 PM

Wow, that HAS been a year... hope the next one is much better. A little GK2 always helps!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community