GB HOMEPAGE

Eleusis

Posted By: oldbroad

Eleusis - 06/14/15 03:16 AM

Finally decided to try to play this game but when I went into the settings antialiasing was off so I tried to put it on and then the game stopped working saying: UDK.exe has stopped working. Is this just a matter of uninstalling and redownloading/reinstalling or something else?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 04:17 AM

What happens if you turn antialiasing back off?
Is there a configuration file you can edit to turn it off?

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 05:18 AM

I can't get back into the settings of the game to turn it off if it even had turned on, not sure as it happened just then.
I don't know anything about a configuration file. Where would that be?

Thank you.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 02:23 PM

The configuration file would either be in the main game folder or in the folder with the saved games.

It might have file extensions like .ini, .inf, or .conf.
If you're lucky, you could open the file with Notepad and it would have something obvious like "antialiasing=on" that you could change.
If you're not lucky, opening with Notepad would show gobblygook.

If you uninstall, make sure the game folder and save folder are gone, and reinstall, it might fix the problem.

Not all games have a configuration file. Sometimes configuration information is saved in the registry, which would mean you'd have to run a registry cleaner after uninstalling the game.

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 05:04 PM

The only things I see in the folder are: Eleusis Game Launcher, Eleusis (which is also just the game launcher, and Uninstall Eleusis. I bought and downloaded the game from ShinyLoot maybe a year ago or so.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 06:21 PM

This is for the Steam version, but may apply to your game as well -

Eleusis - PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games

Peruse down to the Configuration file(s) location section.

Re: Eleusis - 06/14/15 08:00 PM

Thanks Inland. I ended up going into my downloads folder and just installing it again (did not uninstall) and the game seems to be working fine now. I did not change any options this time and I have not yet gotten out of the game to see what happens when I try to go back in. I have made it to one save point and then was distracted by a phone call. Not sure if I'll actually play the game or not, depends how dizzy I get.

(Well, I did end up changing the brightness after I played for a bit. Not touching antialiasing though!)

I was forced to exit the game when I got stuck on top of something and couldn't get down. When I went back in it still worked fine. This is a play with my walkthrough kind of game for me though!

Thanks for your help Jenny and Inland!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community