GB HOMEPAGE

Bad Mojo (another bummer)

Posted By: oldbroad

Bad Mojo (another bummer) - 07/06/15 01:37 AM

Downloaded and installed this game from GOG and it doesn't launch. Says badmojo exe has stopped working. Tried both the Bad Mojo and Launcher exe. Tried running as administrator, tried compatibility mode, tried installing as administrator. Checked to GOG forum but nothing helpful there. It says to use the launcher.exe which (as stated) I've done.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Bad Mojo (another bummer) - 07/06/15 01:48 AM

GOG's version of Bad Mojo did work for me on 64-bit Windows, however that computer had never had QuickTime on it before.
I don't remember for sure what version of QuickTime the GOG version shipped with (was it 6 ?), but if you've installed a different version you might try completely uninstalling QuickTime (might need ccleaner's registry cleaner to completely get rid of it or try Revo Uninstaller), reboot, and try reinstalling the game again.

Re: Bad Mojo (another bummer) - 07/06/15 03:49 AM

Jenny, thank you for talking about that QuickTime. I was trying to find what version I have and trying to see if I could update it. Couldn't do either. Tried to find it in Bad Mojo and looked on my disc too but couldn't find it. Was trying to find Anything in the Bad Mojo files and hit set up and this time noticed an option button on the left bottom corner. When I clicked that, it had a box to check to install QuickTime 7. I clicked it and the game and QuickTime installed and now it is playing!

Furthermore, when I open a picture I am no longer getting a message about QuickTime changing my colors to Windows Basic or something like that.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Bad Mojo (another bummer) - 07/06/15 06:30 AM

Glad you were able to solve the problem.
Enjoy the game.

Re: Bad Mojo (another bummer) - 07/07/15 08:11 PM

I forgot how hard it was to move that little sucker but it's all coming back to me as I go along. I love this game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community