GB HOMEPAGE

Overclocked computer

Posted By: kazzmo

Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 03:08 AM

I am looking at new computer that is over clocked. Is this necessary to play sky rim or any high end roll playing game.....Thanks
Posted By: Robert Gault

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 03:59 AM

An overclocked system should not be necessary for any software. Basically overclocking is done to get the equivalent of a machine with better hardware than is currently present. To do this safely without burning out something, you need special cooling and in the extreme, a water cooled system.
If you have any doubts that the computer of interest is not sufficient for the software you want to run, by a better computer.

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 04:14 AM

Thank you. I have never had an over clocked before. I am looking at a Alienware with duel cards and it is tempting.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 04:20 AM

I was actually going to suggest that you lose the "K" on that Core I7 you posted about with that great Digital Storm computer your posted. Unless you are into overclocking yourself, it is totally unnecessary and more expensive.

You also have to consider what types of games you play - If you are into the newest shooters and RPGs, then you need a pretty beefy computer. If you only play adventure games, then you just need good specs, but perhaps not the top of the line.

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 04:33 AM

Thanks.......I am looking at an Alienware A51R2-6472SLV.
17-5820K
16GB
2TB+128SSD
WIN 8.1 RJ-45, WIFI, BT4.0
Duel GTX980 DL DVDRW

THOUGHTs?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 05:26 AM

Fabulous computer if you're planning on playing all the high end shooters!

Like I said, what kind of gaming are you planning on using this computer for?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/28/15 02:45 PM

It shouldn't be necessary to overclock a computer with those specs.
If it's the processor that's overclocked, you can turn off the overclocking in the computer's BIOS.

Like Draclvr says, that's a computer made to handle the most demanding action games.

What type of games will you be playing?
Do you play recent RPG's or shooters?

The trouble with getting a computer that is more than you need is the extra expense.

I'm changing your thread title to reflect that you're asking about an overclocked computer and not the game called "Overclocked."

Re: Overclocked computer - 09/29/15 04:09 AM

Yes I play role playing games, shooters, Sky Rim right now. Thank you everyone for your great and quick responses. I bought the Alienware Duel card today and it is awesome. Cant wait to pull an all nighter. Thanks again for all of the great responses. Good Times........
© 2024 GameBoomers Community