GB HOMEPAGE

Ccleaner free

Posted By: robert gray

Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 01:52 AM

Hi all, while this is not a glitch as such, all I need is some advice please. How do I use the free Ccleaner as I presume it must do SOME good. And, is there any benefit to buying the full version. Robert.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 03:17 AM

I've used the registry cleaning functionality of Ccleaner described here
http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/registry-cleaning

I never used any of its other capabilities.
If you think you'll use the extra features in the "Pro" version, go ahead and buy it to support the company.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 04:50 AM

I use it to clean up the "junk" that accumulates and I also use the light registry cleaning after I uninstall something. Even though I supported them with a donation many years ago, I don't really use anything except these two functions which are available in the free version.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 06:26 AM

The same goes for me, Draclvr smile And I feel it's an excellent programme thumbsup
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 02:05 PM

Yep me too, I like to clean up the junk left over on my machines... have used it for years with no problems.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/13/15 11:29 PM

I use it daily to get rid of the junk and keeps the cookies, I want it to. Glad they had it for Mac too. wave

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/14/15 08:28 PM

Hi Jenny, which icon is the 'registry' icon and after I find it, what button do I press? Robert.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/14/15 08:50 PM

When you open up CCleaner, on the left there are 4 listings. The top one is Cleaner for general cleaning of the computer. The 2nd one is Registry which is a light registry cleaner which will get rid of registry entries which are no longer used.

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/14/15 09:55 PM

Hi Draclvr, which button or buttons do I press then? Robert.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/14/15 10:31 PM

At the bottom of the screen you'll see a "Scan for Issues" button - press that one.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Ccleaner free - 11/17/15 06:17 PM

Mine only has 3 buttons, guess its different for mac. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community