GB HOMEPAGE

How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10?

Posted By: Midge

How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 06:14 PM

I need help putting my shortcuts back on my desktop so I can get to what I want to reach. Pleaseandthankyou. My desktop is almost bare.

Midgie hearts
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 06:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un5DXGJO1uM

In other words, find the thing you want a shortcut to in your Start Menu and drag it onto your desktop.

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 08:50 PM

Thanks Jenny.

Midgie hearts

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 09:03 PM

I also lost all my pictures when I reinstalled Windows 10. Can you help me find them?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 09:34 PM

Where were your pictures before you installed Windows 10?
Where they are (or whether they are anywhere) depends on the type of reinstall.

If you see a Windows.old folder listed on your hard drive, you can check in there.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-files-upgrade-windows-old
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/11/16 09:37 PM

Midge, you didn't happen to do a clean install, did you? If you did, everything will be wiped away. Luckily, Windows creates a file called windows.old. See if you can find that file and your stuff should be in there.

EDIT: Oops! Jenny beat me to it!

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 02:44 AM

I'll try that guys. I recovered my music so maybe I can recover all my pictures as well.

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 05:01 AM

Let us know how it goes! That windows.old file may only be available for 30 days, so don't delay.

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 12:08 PM

I remembered that I have Carbonite so I was able to find all my pictures. Thank you for all your help.

Midgie hearts

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 04:19 PM

Aren't backups a wonderful thing? Carbonite has saved my bacon a couple of times.
Posted By: TLC

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 10:15 PM

What's Carbonite? think Thanks.

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/12/16 11:04 PM

It's an on-line backup subscription.

http://www.carbonite.com/
Posted By: TLC

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/13/16 02:42 AM

Oh, ok thanks. So it's like the Cloud?

valentines

Re: How do I put the shortcuts back on my desktop after reinstalling Windows 10? - 02/13/16 05:03 AM

Sort of...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community