GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game

Posted By: maggsie

Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 11:04 AM

Hi Ana I clicked on Download for this game and it has gone to my Files Explorer and I cant open it. This is what I get, ags_ snowrain.dll, The Bait that Lures and winsetup. When I click on one of them it said to extract these files, then my pc will be harmed. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am playing on Windows 10

Maggsie
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 01:42 PM

I moved you to Glitches. They can help you better there.

Ana luck

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 03:09 PM

Thanks Ana,
Regards
Maggsie
Posted By: Geo

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 03:31 PM

It actually said "your pc will be harmed", or it is something you are wondering about?
Before you do anything you should go and set a new restore point for today. That's assuming Win10 still has restore points. I cant see why not,it was a good thing.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 04:09 PM

It does, Geo... you just have to enable it.

maggsie, where did you download this game from? Is the folder these file are in a zipped file?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 04:12 PM

If ***this*** is the message you got, it's common for it to happen when trying to run a file Windows doesn't recognize.

Windows assumes all files are bad if it doesn't recognize the file.

If you want to run the file, tell Windows to "Run Anyway" as described here
http://www.windows10update.com/2015/05/windows-10-tutorials-74-how-to-unblock-a-file/

or here
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5357-unblock-file-windows-10-a.html

I assume you got the game from Ana's link ***here***

It's not a bad idea to make a restore point before running an installer you're not sure of. It won't protect you from malware, but it will help with a bad game install. If you got the game from Ana's link, it should be OK.

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 04:41 PM

Yes Jenny 100 that was the message, and yes I downloaded it from Ana's link. The three items that are in my file explorer, which one shall I apply. ags_Snowrain .The Bait that lures or winsetup.?
Maggsie

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 06:27 PM

I would guess that the "winsetup" would be the file you'd run to install the game.

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/10/16 07:27 PM

Hi Jenny100 I have deleted this download as I just couldn't get it when I clicked on winsetup I just got " Don't run " and no choice so I give up.
Thanks for your help
Maggsie

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/11/16 01:09 AM

I don't know for sure with Windows 10, but you may have to run the installer as an Administrator to get the "Run Anyway" choice.

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/11/16 08:03 AM

Thanks Jenny100 I will try that this afternoon as I am off to Badminton now so it will be this afternoon.I will let you know if I am successful.
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/11/16 04:05 PM

Did you unzip/extract the original download before trying to run the setup file?

I downloaded this game this morning. This is what I did and the game works just fine on my Windows 10.

1. Downloaded the zipped file.
2. Right click the zipped file and select "extract all."
3. Keep all the defaults and click on "extract."
4. Now go to the extracted file (no longer zipped).
5. Open and double click on Setup.
6. You will get the "Windows has protected your PC....." Click on "more info."
7. In next screen you can click on "run anyway."
8. You will get another "Windows has protected your PC..." screen for a second file. Click on "more info."
9. Again, click on "run anyway."

Then you will have the game options screen. I clicked on Save and Run and the game started.

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/12/16 03:51 PM

Thanks for your help Draclvr Got it eventually.
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/12/16 05:52 PM

Did you figure out what the problem was?

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/12/16 07:43 PM

Don't know Draclvr just did as you said and it works. LOL
Thanks
Maggsie

Re: Announcing I Can't Sleep In Silence - It's Always Darkest - New Free AGS Game - 04/12/16 08:34 PM

Whatever it takes to get it going!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community