GB HOMEPAGE

Malware/anti-virus programs

Posted By: Laurette

Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 01:31 AM

I used to have Malwarebytes (premium) and kept getting weird messages and other problems. So I cancelled my paid subscription and have been using the free version for approx. one year. Now I'm told my free version is expiring in 24 hours. I also have Microsoft Essentials, but it NEVER shows that it's found anything!

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good, not real expensive, dependable, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-ransomeware, etc. program?

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 02:08 AM

I have been using the free Malwarebytes for years - you can always renew the free version.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 02:49 AM

I'm with Marian, very hard to beat Malwarebytes, if you had weird messages there must have been a glitch and a simple re-install would have probably cured the problems since you mentioned you installed the Free one with no problems.

If you ever get those messages again, contact Malwarebytes and they will get back to you on a fix, the last thing they want to happen is to loose their paid customers.

Good luck
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 03:15 AM

What kind of weird messages were you getting? Virtually nothing beats Malwarebytes Pro coupled with a good anti-virus program for protection. Were they the little slow popups on the lower right that said Malwarebytes had just blocked a malicious program?

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 03:40 AM

How do you renew the free version? Don't see any options on how to do this. Thanks.

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 03:42 AM

This was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember exactly what the problem was. They were quick to respond, but it kept happening - that's why I cancelled my paid subscription. Sorry I couldn't provide more information.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 05:01 AM

Laurette, when I said I renew the free version of Malwarebytes, I was actually thinking of the free version of Avast, which I renew once a year. With my free version of Malwarebytes, as best I recall, it has never asked me to renew anything...it's just there.

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 06:01 AM

That's correct, Marian. Malwarebytes free never has to be renewed.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 10:51 AM

Is there a free version of Malwarebytes that can be used on my iMac computer?

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/13/16 02:21 PM

Sure.. Just do a search for Malwarebytes for Mac...

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/14/16 10:52 AM

Thanks Draclvr wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/16/16 10:04 PM

Will Malware work fine with CCleaner and Norton?

Re: Malware/anti-virus programs - 04/16/16 10:42 PM

Do you mean Malwarebytes, gamenut? If so, then yes, it will.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community