GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia 2/Artemis virus

Posted By: copper

Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/03/16 03:57 AM

I thought I would replay Syberia 1 and 2 before the new Syberia 3 comes out. I played Syberia 1 with no problems but when I tried to install Syberia 2 on my current computer, McAfee(Security) quarantines the exe file and says it contains the "Artemis" virus.Has anyone else had this problem?

PS I think I have posted this in the wrong forum but don't know how to move it...
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/03/16 05:39 AM

Where did you get the game?
If you have the disc version or bought it from a legitimate download site, it's a false positive and the file should be fine.

Here's someone else with the same problem
https://community.mcafee.com/thread/91542?start=0&tstart=0

Posted By: copper

Re: Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/03/16 08:33 PM

I have the disk version and when I purchased it, years ago, it worked just fine.

After looking at the link I guess I'll just have to wait for McAfee to decided its not a virus...
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/04/16 10:05 PM

First off I am not a McAfee fan and I would not wait until McAfee decides that your game is Ok or not, as Jenny100 pointed out it is a False Positive, if it was me, I would simply make sure to disconnect myself from the Internet, then stop McAfee services, then install the game, when all is good, re-start the McAfee services and re-connect myself to the Internet.

There many people who are disappointed with McAfee and have switched to another Security system, depending on your Budget, you can either buy another reputable A/V or get a Free one and there are good Free ones out there.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/05/16 12:00 AM

I am not only not a fan of McAee, I get rid of it on every new computer I set up. You may be able to go in to McAfee and tell it to leave this file alone, but I'm not sure how it works.
Posted By: Collector

Re: Syberia 2/Artemis virus - 09/10/16 03:46 AM

I, too remove McAfee and Norton first thing on a new PC. I feel that they are both are just about as bad as malware themselves. And they both give *far* too many false positives. Keep the game and replace the McAfee.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community