GB HOMEPAGE

Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares

Posted By: Call1e

Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/11/16 07:15 AM

I'm replaying my old Frogwares game "80 Days" on Windows 10, using the Daemon Tools Light downloader. The game has worked so far, except now I can't enter my old cabin on the boat. I downloaded the game patch and also the saved game file boatcombo_2, but all I get is a blank screen and can't get into the cabin for the saved game to take effect. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me. Frogwares has taken the game down from their website, so their tech support isn't able to help anymore.

Thanks,
Call1e
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/11/16 09:36 PM

There appears to be webmail support on Frogwares' website.
If you go to http://frogwares.com/support/
and expand the list, 80 Days is there near the bottom.

I don't know if they'll answer a support request, but I can't find help for running this game on Windows 10 anywhere else.

Most of my searches either turn up a completely different game with the same title, or turn up old reviews.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/11/16 10:43 PM

I just returned from a search and came up empty too.

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/12/16 05:15 AM

O.K. Thanks. I posted at Frogwares support but haven't had any reply yet.

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/13/16 07:33 AM

I finally found a saved game of 80 Days to load where I was stuck and finished the game! Thanks to everybody for all your help!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/13/16 03:28 PM

Yay! Where did you find this saved game? Maybe it will help someone else trying to replay the game.
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/14/16 12:39 AM

Drac, They have some saves for this game posted here. I've used this site before in the past and they have been reliable. However, it has been some time and I did not look at the number of saves they offer.
PC Saved Games

Re: Problem Replaying 80 Days Game From Frogwares - 11/14/16 06:58 AM

I didn't know about the ones at PC Saved Games, so I downloaded them from the Frogwares support website. They don't have the 2nd San Francisco file there (sf2.jpg), so I got it at PC Saved Games. Thanks for posting about it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community