GB HOMEPAGE

New Laptop

Posted By: 8dognight

New Laptop - 12/26/16 12:05 AM

I'm thinking of either Alienware 17 with Pascal Graphics or ASUS ROG G701VI, which is definitely expensive.

The laptop I have now is an HP Envy. It was cheap, the result of zero research, and a pain from day one, especially for writing. The one before that was expensive, and I researched carefully. It was a Toshiba and a gem in terms of all around performance; however, Toshiba laptops apparently aren't what they used to be so I want a laptop for gaming.

Any thoughts on my two choices? Other suggestions?
Posted By: TLC

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 02:37 AM

I just bought an HP Envy and love it, I had it customized. santa
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 04:13 AM

They both offer the Nvidia GTX 1060, 1070, 1080 series video cards, so hardware specs are going to be similar. I would go to someplace like NotebookReview.com and read some reviews of each of the laptops. Alienware is now owned by Dell.

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 02:47 PM

Thanks, Draclvr, I am on my way there this minute.

TLC, I am glad you love your HP Envy; I hear the newer ones are better than mine.

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 03:05 PM

Draclvr mentioned that Dell now owns Alienware. Is that a bad thing?

I've had Dell desktop PCs and liked them; however, this was a while ago, at least five or six years, maybe longer.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 04:00 PM

10 best gaming laptops..

more

Something to look at
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 04:40 PM

Dell has its issues with customer service. But I think they are getting better.
Posted By: TLC

Re: New Laptop - 12/26/16 05:05 PM

I'll never buy a Dell again, I had to send my XPS in for a repair and they either lost or stole it. They then tried to send me a used one, with scratches. I had to contact the BBB for help to get them to send me a brand new one, for my missing one. hardwall
Posted By: mitch

Re: New Laptop - 06/21/17 03:00 PM

asus rog gaming laptop are pretty good in my expierence
Posted By: mitch

Re: New Laptop - 06/21/17 03:01 PM

You could try browsing this list: http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptop/
© 2024 GameBoomers Community