GB HOMEPAGE

broken sword 3 windows 10

Posted By: aber21

broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/07/17 01:02 PM

Hi Ive just uninstalled the bs3,to start again but now I cant get it to install,any ideas,s why?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/07/17 03:02 PM

Do you get any error messages? Did you actually uninstall the game or just delete it? If you didn't go through uninstall, there may be bits of it left over. I would run CCleaner on your registry and try something the Revo Uninstaller in case it didn't uninstall comepletely.

Revo Uninstaller

You might also check in your Task Manager Processes to be sure there isn't another instance of the game still running in the background.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/07/17 07:24 PM

I agree with Draclvr. It sounds like junk was left behind (probably in the registry rather than game files in a folder) after the uninstall that is preventing the game from re-installing.

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/08/17 10:28 AM

Hi Guys thx for trying tohelp me,i did just delete the game,i get no error messages.I have now run cc cleaner and revo and checked my task manager,but it still wont install,any more suggestions?

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/08/17 05:48 PM

When you ran Ccleaner, did you run the registry cleaner part of it and tell it to fix all issues?
http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/registry-cleaning

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/09/17 08:43 AM

Yes I ive done all that.

Re: broken sword 3 windows 10 - 06/09/17 05:56 PM

Did you make sure the game folder and save folder were both gone before running Ccleaner? Sometimes doing this matters.

I guess you could also try changing the Setup file to use Compatibility Mode for an earlier version of Windows before running it. With Windows 10, you never know if it "updated" itself between installs and caused an incompatibility.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community