GB HOMEPAGE

FE Full Screen

Posted By: Geo

FE Full Screen - 07/28/17 08:23 PM

How do you get File explorer to open to full screen instead of the 1/2 sized box in the center of the screen. There is a lot of stuff on google for IE but very little for FE.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: FE Full Screen - 07/28/17 08:36 PM

Mine opens to full screen by just clicking on the square at the upper right to maximize just like before.
Posted By: Robert Gault

Re: FE Full Screen - 07/28/17 10:10 PM

Geo,

Don't know if this works with any Windows version, but WinXP opens File Explorer in whatever size or screen type present when FE was closed.
Also under Tools/FolderOptions, on the View screen you can check or uncheck "Remember each folder's view settings".

Robert
Posted By: Geo

Re: FE Full Screen - 07/29/17 12:21 AM

Draclvr-Yes I realize I can do that but I wanted to eliminate that extra click and make it like win-7.
Robert Gault- It will remember all the settings during a session until I turn the computer off and back on again for the next session. Then it is back to the smaller screen. File Explorer is not really a folder so it doesn't sound like that would work but I will try it.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: FE Full Screen - 07/29/17 03:35 AM

Hmmm... for me, once you make it the size you choose, that is the default for opening FE every time. Maybe check in the View option to see if there is anything there? I have my View set to Tiles with File Name Extensions and Hidden Items selected.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community