GB HOMEPAGE

suggestions please

Posted By: butterflybabe

suggestions please - 09/07/17 05:35 AM

HI, I'm thinking of getting a tablet or something similar for reading and gaming. I've been using a KIndle purchased in 2012 for reading but screen is too small. About same time, purchased an Iphone and decided I prefer a flip phone for calling, so the Iphone is strickly for non-desktop gaming, and screen is also too small.

What would you suggest and where to purchase it from.?

thanks!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: suggestions please - 09/07/17 06:05 AM

Depends on what kind of gaming you would like to do and how much you want to spend. Most small form factor tablets are not suitable for gaming other than casual games. If you want to play more demanding games, then something like the Microsoft Surface or another Windows tablet would be better. The iPad Pro would also be good, but you would be limited to games that are supported by Mac gaming.

If you can go to a store which has models of tablets and small laptops you can actually try, that would be a good way to start seeing what you like.
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: suggestions please - 09/08/17 06:47 PM

thanks, Draclvr. I'm into casual games, no RPG, SIMS, or war games. Also, willing to pay a bit more if the product is worth it.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: suggestions please - 09/08/17 07:08 PM

If you want to play Windows games you already own on a tablet, buy a tablet with a full version of Windows on it. Do not get one with "Windows 10 S" which is a crippled, more restrictive version of Windows 10.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: suggestions please - 09/08/17 07:18 PM

Definitely... there are some Windows tablets out there that are not the FULL Windows 10 operating system. They are probably fine for the basics, but not for gaming - or much else in my opinion.

You might just go to someplace like Amazon and do a search for Windows tablets do a little research and read some of the user reviews. Newegg.com is another good resource for doing a little research. There are many good ones out there. I use a Microsoft Surface tablet with the full Windows 10 Pro operating system for reading and light gaming and really like it. But there are many other options out there too.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community