GB HOMEPAGE

Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough)

Posted By: mrbill

Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 04:00 PM

Hi all,

How do I stop splitting screenshots between pages when printing a walkthrough. At one time I think I had some idea, but not anymore. Is the solution the printer or Windows 7 Pro?

Mr. Bill
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 04:19 PM

If you're printing from a doc or docx file, you can put a Page Break before the picture.

If you're printing from a html file, I don't know how, other than to paste the contents of the html file inside a Word file and add Page Breaks.

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 04:32 PM

Does anyone know if there is an html page break. All of this depends on size of print being used, right?

I'm trying to figure out how to arrange screenshots in the Syberia 3 walkthrough. On maximum text size one of my screenshots disappeared when I looked at it in print preview.

Bill
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 04:34 PM

I don't have suggestions either other than what Jenny suggested. I assume you've tried reducing that text size???
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbill
Does anyone know if there is an html page break. All of this depends on size of print being used, right?

According to Google, there is a Page Break for html files.
However it doesn't always work to prevent things like splitting images or tables when printing.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how to arrange screenshots in the Syberia 3 walkthrough. On maximum text size one of my screenshots disappeared when I looked at it in print preview.

Was it too large to fit on the page?
Usually I'd expect it to show up on the following page, not disappear altogether.

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/13/17 05:18 PM

Thank you Jenny and Draclvr,

It probably ended behind another screenshot in the view, because if I reduce the size of text it shows up again. I realize why two 500 wide pile up on one another in printing. 500 wide is the largest. I wiil reduce them to 400 if I can (my concern is the user being able to see what it is I'm trying to point out). I figure if I can see it then they should. The screenshots start out quite dark, the game is fairly dark, so the screenshots require lots of work to brighten, sharpen, etc.

Bill
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/20/17 10:58 AM

Bill I remember years ago when I printed a walkthru and half a picture was on one page and the rest on the next page.

To get it all on one page I would go back to the "page number" and print only that page and the picture would be complete on that page! Does this help? It was a simple, easy solution for me to get it all on one page.

Good Luck! Hope it works for you!

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/21/17 04:13 PM

Thank you Gerry,

I used to do this also if the picture were a map or something that you needed whole, but what I need is something that would let you print many pages at a time and not worry about split pictures. I'm very glad you reminded me of it though.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Bill
Posted By: Cue

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/21/17 04:56 PM

Hi Mr Bill,

I do very little with html code but this article may be of help to you.

CSS rules for Page Breaks

This article may also help

page-break-inside defined
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Splitting Pictures between pages when printing (like a walkthrough) - 09/23/17 10:13 AM

Your welcome mrbill. Sometimes if I printed about 10 pages at a time they would line up better. When you go to print do you check "preview" on your printer where it shows the content and number of pages printing? If you go through the pages in preview on the printer you should be able to see where the pages break and adjust to fit the page. Hope you are able to fine a solution! wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community