GB HOMEPAGE

Sound icon

Posted By: Geo

Sound icon - 11/01/17 08:33 AM

I have a red x on my speaker icon in the lower right hand corner on my win-7 machine at start-up. If I hit reset and let it re-boot it goes away and everything is fine. To me it seems the drivers aren't loading at start-up but they do load on a reset. Do you think I am correct if so any ideas what to do about it?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sound icon - 11/01/17 03:39 PM

Do you have sound regardless of the red X? This happens to me from time to time on my other Windows 7 computer and since I always have sound along with the red X, I choose to ignore it, figuring it's just a glitch of some kind.

I found a discussion about this here.

On another Windows 7 forum, I found this:

Quote:
I've noticed this on the odd occasion. It's as if the icon status isn't reflecting the physical status. I've found that if you toggle the mute it tends to correct itself.

If you have no sound when you see this X, then of course that's a different story.

Re: Sound icon - 11/01/17 04:17 PM

I don't think there is sound but I will double check to be sure.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Sound icon - 11/01/17 05:54 PM

This happens to me sometimes also but I do have sound. Sometimes I just click the icon and maybe move the volume up or down and it fixes itself.

Re: Sound icon - 11/01/17 06:24 PM

My computer problems are never that easy oldbroad.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Sound icon - 11/01/17 07:28 PM

lol Sorry to hear that. Mostly, mine aren't either. I hope you figure it out Geo.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community