GB HOMEPAGE

Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam

Posted By: linda333

Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 04:31 AM

I recently took advantage of a sale on Gamersgate site. However after purchasing a game from them when I went to download it is says I must use Steam
to get my game. As I already have an account on Steam I supposed I could just download my game there. However that is not the case. When I hit download on Gmaersgate it wants to install Steam. I already have Steam on my computer so I see no need to do this. However that is all it will allow me to do.
So I tried to do the download which again put Steam on my computer. Then I went to Steam and activated .... add a game but this doesn't work either as I
can't find a file with my new game in it. I e-mailed Gamersgate but have received no response from them. Thank you for any help.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 03:39 PM

Hi, until someone more knowledgeable about this comes along, maybe watching this video would help.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 04:50 PM

I think you'll need a Steam key from Gamersgate to download anything through Steam.

Steam keys can be sent by email, or sometimes by logging into the site where you bought the game from and looking at your purchases.

Check here where someone asked the question
https://steamcommunity.com/app/267900/discussions/0/648817377954312724/

Originally Posted By: Faenix
Log into GamersGate, click on "My Games", beside the title should say "unused serial) > click on the game and you should see a button below the download one, click it.

The OP said
Originally Posted By: Giygas' Van
I guess I didn't see it before because it didn't come in until now
so maybe there is a delay between when you purchase the game and when the Steam key appears at Gamersgate.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 05:09 PM

Oh, I was assuming that Linda was using a Steam key already. If not, that would explain the difficulty.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 09:30 PM

Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my question. I have now successfully download my game! Somewhere I missed the boat on following the
instructions as needed.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Downloading a game from Gamersgate on Steam - 12/17/17 09:33 PM

Glad to hear you finally got it! Have fun...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community