GB HOMEPAGE

Malwarebytes Premium

Posted By: oldbroad

Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 02:04 AM

Today when I turned my computer on, my Malwarebytes Premium alerted me that my Real Time Web Protection was not on. It will not let me turn it on either. I tried also to restore default settings but it is not turning on the Real Time Protection.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 02:26 AM

Googling showed me that others have had the same problem. There are also videos on YouTube showing suggested fixes; one of them was to re-download and install the program again, another suggestion was to make sure that you set the program to run as the administrator.

I am certainly no authority on the topic - just letting you know what I came up with from googling.

Re: Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 02:31 AM

I was not comfortable especially when I saw my desktop icons changing while I was typing in the hints forum. Like when you install something sometimes your icons go out and come back in. (I'm not good with words so I hope you know what I mean.)

Anyway, I restarted my computer and it is fine now. Web Protection is on!

Thanks.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 02:40 AM

There was a problem a couple of months ago with Malwarebytes Premium and USB WiFi adapters. But that has been resolved and I know you don't use one anyway. Sometimes an antivirus will turn it off too if they also use real time protection. Defender did for awhile.

But, glad a reboot fixed it for you!

Re: Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 03:16 AM

I'm glad too. I didn't really want to go through trying to contact them as I know somebody here had a problem recently with that (don't remember who).

Even if my Norton for some reason turned it off, why would I not be able to turn it back on though?

Sometimes when things are acting wonky I am reminded of a telephone party line and feel like I am sharing my internet with somebody somehow (no, you're right I don't have WiFi). If I start feeling that way I usually restart just in case there could be something like that happening. Makes me feel better.

ARGH! Just noticed, now my sound is not working!!

Another restart worked thumbsup12
Posted By: connie

Re: Malwarebytes Premium - 12/19/17 12:59 PM

I have the same problem, and a reboot fixes it. wave12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community