GB HOMEPAGE

Scroll

Posted By: Geo

Scroll - 03/03/18 09:27 AM

I am baffled by this website I am trying to view. First let me say I know its active because I can tell it is updated and seems to be taken care of. The problem is I can only see the top half of the website page. It wont scroll with mouse wheel and there are no little arrows to click on to move the page up and down. Keyboard functions like page up & down don't work. I cant get to the bottom of the page where I am sure there are more pages to view. At the top of the page there is no contact info so I can't ask the owner whats going on. My question is, is there some new kind of way to scroll that I might not know about or do you have any ideas other than what I have mentioned? I know this sounds weird but I cant believe a person put all this work in the website and didn't notice it doesn't scroll.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I am using Win-7
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Scroll - 03/03/18 04:28 PM

What is the website?? As far as I know the only way to move up and down on a page is with the scroll bar on the right side of the screen, the up and down arrow keys, page up and page down and the middle scroll button on your mouse.

Re: Scroll - 03/03/18 04:52 PM

I cant give you the website. You may be well protected but others may not be and since I have not been able to examine it because of the scroll problem I cant guarantee they wouldn't get a virus.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Scroll - 03/03/18 05:00 PM

You can try the keyboard shortcut to shrink the entire webpage...
Hold down the Control key and press the "-" key.

It's probably just a badly coded website that isn't compatible with all web browsers (or all versions of web browsers).

I don't know if the arrow buttons will work. With this kind of problem, sometimes they do but often they don't.

Re: Scroll - 03/03/18 05:04 PM

That's sort of what I was thinking. Are there new websites that will only work with the new type browser like the one on windows-10 and may not work with the older IE like I have?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Scroll - 03/03/18 05:21 PM

There are some websites that don't display correctly with any browser I've used.

I used to have a mouse with a button that would lay a circular mark on the webpage and allow you to scroll in all directions by moving the mouse around. That was the only thing that ever worked to scroll those stubborn webpages. But when the motherboard on that computer went bad and had to be replaced, that particular feature stopped working on the mouse for some reason -- never worked except with that one motherboard.

Re: Scroll - 03/12/18 10:10 AM

Update: You were right Jenny100. I went back to that website and it has been fixed. He(she) must read Gameboomers!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community