GB HOMEPAGE

dracula 3

Posted By: family

dracula 3 - 08/20/18 05:22 PM

will not play, since i updated my video driver. cool lab puppy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 05:42 PM

If it worked with your previous video driver, go back to that one. If you need instructions, tell us what version of Windows you're using so we can Google it for you.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 06:42 PM

window 8.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 06:49 PM

Isn't this a game the Kheops fix will work on? I can't remember for sure... I'll try to find the old thread.

Family, are you saying it won't even launch or that you have problems with the video?

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 07:12 PM

it won't even launch, i click on it and it goes back to my desktop, big fish gave me this video card driver, AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-18.6.1-

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 07:45 PM

This is a pretty good tutorial on how to roll back a video card driver in Window 7, 8, and 10.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-roll-back-a-driver-in-windows-2619217

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 09:00 PM

can i get a window catalyst control center video card, now big fish one do not work, and that did not work, and i can not open it.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/20/18 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Isn't this a game the Kheops fix will work on? I can't remember for sure... I'll try to find the old thread.

There was a fix for flickering, which is pinned.
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1141189/Fix_for_flickering_in_Kheops_g
But here the game isn't starting at all.

Was there another patch for Kheops games?

Originally Posted By: family
it won't even launch, i click on it and it goes back to my desktop, big fish gave me this video card driver, AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-18.6.1-

Quote:
can i get a window catalyst control center video card, now big fish one do not work, and that did not work, and i can not open it.

I'm not sure why they'd send you that driver if you didn't already have a Radeon card. Did you send them a Dr. Felix?

Did you try going back to the driver that was working before you "updated" the video driver? Be sure to reboot after changing drivers.

And try compatibility mode if you haven't already.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 02:13 AM

Yes, I remembered that you had stickied that thread.

I'm confused here because I'm not sure what is meant by "now big fish one do not work, and that did not work, and i can not open it." What is "that" and what can't you open? The game? I'm going to back off here and see if Jenny can help you because I'm just not sure what is going on. If you rolled back the drivers to the one that worked before in the link I provided, you should be OK. But you don't say if that's what you did.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 03:39 AM

the video card will not open, it says it can not be started. there are no setting that can be configured using it, and roll back drivers were gray out.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I'm confused here because I'm not sure what is meant by "now big fish one do not work, and that did not work, and i can not open it." What is "that" and what can't you open? The game?

I thought Family meant the driver "AMD\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-18.6.1-" mentioned in the earlier post. Maybe Big Fish sent a link to the driver, but they should have at least sent instructions for it.

I don't think AMD/Radeon uses "Catalyst Control Center" anymore. I think they use something called "Crimson" instead -- or possibly they have something even newer now.

Quote:
I'm going to back off here and see if Jenny can help you because I'm just not sure what is going on.

I'm not either. Rolling back the driver to the previous driver should not have been too difficult, and family would have been able to keep Catalyst Control Center.

the video card will not open, it says it can not be started. there are no setting that can be configured using it, and roll back drivers were gray out.

Do you have a restore point?

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 04:25 AM

big fish sent me a older one, it is updating now, but taking a long time, i did it yesterday, and still running.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 07:52 PM

I hope it works out.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 08:11 PM

so do i, when will it stop.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 08:33 PM

It's still going?
What is it doing?
Is it trying to download something?
If it was installing, it should be done by now.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 09:54 PM

yes it is still going, it says please wait update in progress, and a green square going back and forth, should i be worry.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 10:18 PM

How long has it been going?

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 10:53 PM

since yesterday, it is sp65037, i downloaded it at 10:42 17 pm.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 11:09 PM

I never heard of sp65037 and a Google search turns up nothing.
Was this supposed to be a video driver?
Or an update for a Big Fish game?
Or what?

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 11:31 PM

that is what big fish gave me, Welcome to HP Customer Support - Software and Drivers, and AMD Unified Graphics Driver, that is the page, it is 213.5mb

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 11:38 PM

I tried looking that up and found ***this***.
If this is an HP laptop you're using, what is the model number?
Drivers for desktops will certainly be different from drivers for laptops -- and drivers between laptop models may not be compatible.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/21/18 11:48 PM

desktop. and hp pavilion,model number 500-217c.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...mId/cp-155926-1

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 12:26 AM

So you have an HP Pavilion 500-217c desktop?

That driver is 213.5 mb in size.
Be sure to download it before trying to run it.
And make sure that is the model computer you have.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 12:29 AM

it is, i just check.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 06:49 PM

Did it ever finish?
If not, it's probably frozen and will never finish.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 07:56 PM

no it never finish, should i click system restore, never mind i did system restore, did not work, how do i do system restore to factory settings, but i will lose google chrome.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 09:43 PM

If you went back to factory settings, you'd lose a lot more than Google Chrome. You'd also have to install hundreds of Windows updates and any games you had installed, and unless you backed up Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser before going back to factory settings, you'd lose them.

It sounds like you don't have any recent restore points to go back to

I'd try to download the driver again -- and make sure it isn't trying to run while you're downloading it.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/22/18 10:03 PM

thank you very much, it went for 3 days.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 12:24 AM

Unless you're using dialup there's no reason it should take that long to download the drivers from the website. However if you tried to install the drivers without downloading them first, Windows or your antivirus may have blocked the installation.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 02:46 AM

I'm surprised that Big Fish didn't include at least basic instructions with this driver and how to download and install it.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:11 AM

i email them it did not work.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:24 AM

if you continue having trouble downloading the Driver, maybe you could ask a friend or another family member to Download it for you and then copy it to a flash drive and then from there you could install it.

Good luck and I hope you solve your problem soon.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:28 AM

so do i, but all i have is my husband and he does not know anything about computers.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:29 AM

I only download drivers from the manufacturer's website. I wish I knew just what Big Fish way trying to do here...

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:37 AM

I'm with you Draclvr, I only download Drivers from the Manufactures Website.

Sorry to hear family that you can't find someone to download the Drivers for you. But as Drac. said, if you go directly to your Video Card site and download it from there, or did you try that already.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 04:23 AM

***The site Family downloaded from*** IS the manufacturer's website.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
***The site Family downloaded from*** IS the manufacturer's website.

Good to know, wonder why Family is having so much trouble with the download, as stated before, I wish Family the best of luck in resolving the problem.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 03:14 PM

Oh, good... that makes me feel better. I had the impression Big Fish was just sending her a driver download. I should have checked the link.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 04:37 PM

i sent basic info about my computer and the device manager.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 09:02 PM

If you weren't able to complete the driver installation, you can try again if you want.

Be sure to download the driver exe -- don't try to "run" it while downloading it. You need the complete driver exe (sp65037.exe) on your hard drive. If double-clicking it doesn't work to install it, you may have to right-click it and choose "Run As Administrator" to allow it to run.

sp65037.exe is a self-extracting exe. I think it's supposed to unzip to a folder and automatically start installing. It may not work as intended. I've had some self-extracting .exe files put a "pop-under" (instead of a pop-up) to prompt you if you want to continue the installation -- and it's easy to miss. That may be what happened in your case -- it may have put up a prompt to continue, but you didn't see it because it was behind other windows on your desktop, and eventually it timed out and disappeared, leaving you with an unstarted installation that would never finish.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 10:24 PM

I've had that happen and then I notice a little box down in my taskbar and know to click on it to get the program started.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/23/18 10:25 PM

error number 9996. https://www.copilot.com should i do it, big fish says so.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Updates and Security.
4. Click Windows Update.
5. Make sure that the check box for Check online for updates from Windows Update is selected.
6. Click Check for Updates.
7. Make sure to download and install all critical updates.
8. Once the updates are complete, restart your computer and try downloading or playing your game again.

For more information on Windows Update, please take a look at the following article provided by Microsoft, where is the start menu,
Big Fish (Big Fish Games)

Aug 23, 4:14 PM PDT

Hi Susan,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know once again.

Since this is the case, one last option would be to try and get an updated driver via Windows updates by using these steps:

1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Updates and Security.
4. Click Windows Update.
5. Make sure that the check box for Check online for updates from Windows Update is selected.
6. Click Check for Updates.
7. Make sure to download and install all critical updates.
8. Once the updates are complete, restart your computer and try downloading or playing your game again.

For more information on Windows Update, please take a look at the following article provided by Microsoft.

Microsoft Windows Update

If this doesn't work, or if you are still seeing issues from here, I'd like to take a much closer look at this issue by using a service that would allow me to connect into your system so I can see what exactly is happening as well as try to trouble shoot it for you on that end.

For this we use a service we have contracted with called Copilot made by Fog Creek Software. If you would like to take a look at their information first you can find them at Fog Creek Copilot.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/24/18 02:32 AM

It looks like Copilot is remote access software which would give the Big Fish person access to your computer over the Internet. Chances are you'll be able to watch what they do while they look at your Computer settings.

It's up to you if you want to allow it or not, but if you don't, they probably won't be able to help you. It's very difficult to troubleshoot this kind of problem unless you have the computer right in front of you.

The alternative, since you don't have anyone in your family who can help out, would be to take the computer to a repair shop.

So the question is whether or not you trust the Big Fish person to look at your computer settings and try to install the drivers for you.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/24/18 04:00 AM

i trust big fish.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/24/18 05:17 AM

Then ask Big Fish for instructions on how to do this part
Quote:
If this doesn't work, or if you are still seeing issues from here, I'd like to take a much closer look at this issue by using a service that would allow me to connect into your system so I can see what exactly is happening as well as try to trouble shoot it for you on that end.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/24/18 06:12 AM

go ahead, i do not mind.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/25/18 03:33 AM

go ahead, i do not mind.

This isn't something anyone at Gameboomers can do for you.
It's between you and the support person at Big Fish.
You'll have to ask the person at Big Fish for instructions.

Re: dracula 3 - 08/25/18 04:35 AM

okay i already did, he is going to email me we can do it.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: dracula 3 - 09/01/18 01:35 PM

Just a suggestion. Most libraries have someone who can help with computer problems and it's free. Might be easier than going back and forth on Gameboomers.

Re: dracula 3 - 09/01/18 06:19 PM

i am taking it to best buy, they have a geek squad.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community