GB HOMEPAGE

Ripper

Posted By: lexxy

Ripper - 02/22/18 01:54 PM

I have an old copy of Ripper the original that I will gift to anyone who wants it. Just post here and we can go from there. I am not asking anything other than postage to get the game to you.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Ripper - 02/22/18 04:17 PM

That's very kind of you. I have the game but wanted to comment on your nice gesture. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Ripper - 02/22/18 06:33 PM

Are you having problems playing it on your Compaq Deskpro?
You probably need the version 1.3 patch that fixes VESA 2.0 incompatibility. The 1.5 patch does not include the contents of the 1.3 patch and won't help with VESA problems, so you need both.

Inferno wrote ***this Setup for running Ripper on XP*** (if anyone is interested in trying it on XP).

You can get the 1.3 patch from the web archive of the JA website -- direct link ***here***

The 1.5 patch is also available at the web archive -- direct link ***here***
I include that link since patches-scrolls doesn't seem to have the Ripper patches in their latest iteration.

You can read about what JustAdventure's "JAVE" originally had to say about Ripper ***here***

These look like the same patches, going by file size
https://archive.org/details/ripperpatch
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Ripper - 02/22/18 08:03 PM

lexxy, I would love to have the game. If Jenny100 suggestion works and you decide to keep the game, I certainly understand.

Re: Ripper - 02/23/18 12:59 AM

Jenny, I appreciate your help but I have decided to play it forward to kazzmo. You are right in that I am having problems playing it again on my computer but I am having so much fun replaying so many of my old games that one that will not play is no big deal. So far I have installed and play a total of 15 games and still counting. If another person wants it I will gladly pass it on. Thanks again for all of your help.

Re: Ripper - 02/23/18 12:59 AM

Please send me your name and address in a PM so I can get the game in the mail.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Ripper - 03/02/18 10:44 PM

lexxy, Ripper arrived today in perfect condition. Thank you.

Re: Ripper - 03/20/18 12:17 AM

Enjoy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community