GB HOMEPAGE

Brought to you by the letter C. (Hints)

Posted By: curly

Brought to you by the letter C. (Hints) - 10/26/12 07:38 AM

Can you figure out the word you need that will fit each of the three clues given for each question? All answers begin with the letter C.

-1."Come outside and see the new wicker furniture I bought", said my mother-in-law. She reached for her walking aid and we wandered out onto the verandah. "Perhaps it would look better over near those bamboo plants" she mused. 4 letters

-2.Her youngest son had been turning over various ideas in his head as to a problem he had at work. He was an thespian and he wasn't getting along with his fellow actors. He often discussed his problems with his mother as he flicked his fishing line out over the lake. 4

-3."I'm sure your new recipe will be lovely when it's frozen" my mother-in-law said as she opened the refrigerator. "I'm feeling a shiver of anticipation running down my spine already". She closed the door and gave me a frigid smile. 5

-4.After I put a new layer of polish on my nails, I went shopping. The weather was nippy so I put on a jacket. As I drove away, I looked back at the house and thought the paintwork on it, and on her face, needed to be freshened up. 4

-5.There's something unequal between the anatomical units containing DNA of her two brothers. One runs a big business and is forever on his mobile phone. The other has spent half his life in a tiny room in prison. 4

-6.My mother-in-law was once married to a policeman. They divorced when she said she wanted a washing machine instead of having to boil the clothes in a big cauldron in the back yard. He shouted and said he wasn't going to spend a single penny on it. 6

7.Yesterday I accidentally dropped a very ugly and expensive vase she had given us, and pieces of glass flew everywhere. If I'd been a gambler, I could have cashed in my winnings and bought a new one. Instead I went to the shops and bought some hot fish and fries instead. 5 c---s

-8.My mother-in-law said she'll be glad when the winter is over as she doesn't care for that type of weather. She's forever catching the flu and its associated sneezes. Then she gave me an icy smile and said "I suppose you like it - dear". 4

9.I wished she would contact any sort of virus to be honest. Then I guiltily wondered what my gorgeous husband would think if he discovered I was thinking such things. He was so handsome that all the girls were once after him, but I nabbed him instead. 5 c---h

10.The following week I was listening to the songs of the birds outside. They made me feel so happy I decided to phone my mother-in-law. As she hadn't visited since our last falling out, I decided reluctantly that it was time to drop in to see her. 4 c--l

happydance
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Brought to you by the letter C - 10/26/12 07:53 AM

1.Cane
Good morning Curly wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Brought to you by the letter C - 10/26/12 08:52 AM

2. Cast (Hi Curly wave) thumbsup

Bernie monky
Posted By: curly

Re: Brought to you by the letter C - 10/26/12 09:06 AM

Morning. Good ones.