GB HOMEPAGE

Cryptograms

Posted By: Urban Worrier

Cryptograms - 01/17/13 07:28 PM

-1. LOA JELASEAL JF FK ZJW, FK XKNASVBH UEI XKJELHAFF LOUL VKS FKCA XAKXHA JL JF U RKCXHALA FBZFLJLBLA VKS HJVA. ~UEISAN ZSKNE

-2. O NAVHXIGQ PGIY JAX VOFG VAQG VWYIOFGY BOYIGQ ILOD ODJ WDRGDIWAD WD LXVOD LWYIAQJ - SWIL ILG HAYYWTPG GKNGHIWADY AB LODCMXDY ODC IGUXWPO. ~VWINL QOINPWBBG

-3. GEUZEDAAQEK DEQ JW D EDMQ XJHF HFQ BWJTQEKQ HU MEQDHQ SJZZQE DWO SQHHQE JOJUH-GEUUV GEUZEDAK, XFJIQ HFQ BWJTQEKQ JK HENJWZ HU MEQDHQ SJZZQE DWO SQHHQE JOJUHK. KU VDE HFQ BWJTQEKQ JK XJWWJWZ. ~EJMF MUUR

-4. N HTNMY DXEUBHPQ JNQBVPV VTXBWC DXBMH KV WNLP. N HTNMY NH VKRV VXEPHTNMZ KAXBH TBEKM MKHBQP HTKH HTP XMWR LXQE XL WNLP OP TKJP DQPKHPC VX LKQ NV UBQPWR CPVHQBDHNJP. OP'JP DQPKHPC WNLP NM XBQ XOM NEKZP. ~VHPUTPM TKOYNMZ

-5. BZWIB UXRZ HIEEOXZK VJQW UXRZ BXXBDAZRED. KXT'B VWB ITUAXKU WVEW REW JB, ITK FWB I TWO XTW WSWZU EJN CXTBDE. ~LVJPPXZK EBXVV

-6. LR'G CWWI KH BAZLXH RA JLWQ RSW LIRWEIWR IAR YG YI 'LIOAEKYRLAI SLUSQYH,' CNR YG YI WZWXREAILX YGHZNK OLZZWF QLRS CYCCZLIU ZAAILWG. ~KLMW EAHMA

-7. FKA BDZP ZXZQADTZ GKWTN GKZ RIGIQZ WP PUCYZ KZVLZGP, PWVXZQ RDWV, CTB GCVNWTM VWNZ YDLUIGZQP, VWNZ C OCB ZUWPDBZ DR PGCQ GQZN? ~GQCYZA IVVLCT

-8. XG M OGQY XYWXVLPY UFVWR VU XYYOYJ UG OY NMX UG RG UG XVPVEGW ZMPPYA MWJ LY KTXFVWR GW UFY UYEFWGPGRA EGOKMWVYX UG MEEYPYQMUY UFY TXY GH MTJVG MWJ OTXVE VW EGOKTUYQX. ~UFGOMX JGPLA

-9. QVWP WVTPHSCD PVYSU KW LDCU QBIZ MKGD SX DRUOPKSX OUCSQKY HKPZ QKMMKVXW VT ACKIGW OKMDY VX PVO VT DSIZ VPZDC, HKPZ XV WPCBIPBCSM KXPDRCKPU, ABP FBWP YVXD AU ACBPD TVCID SXY PZVBWSXYW VT WMSLDW. ~SMSX GSU

-10. JGFWQIQEK SYI Y CND BNWIGQC QVK, DGCUQDI AH, DSGFS YFFQWUGCL KQ NBNWMOQUM GI KSN ‘JQIK WNRGYORN DGCUQDI NBNW.‘ KQ JN, KSGI GI RGPN IYMGCL KSYK YIHYWYLVI GI ‘KSN JQIK YWKGFVRYKN BNLNKYORN NBNW.‘ ~UYBN OYWWM
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Cryptograms - 01/17/13 08:08 PM

1.The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life. Andrew Brown wave

Re: Cryptograms - 01/17/13 08:24 PM

Nice solve, Haroula! wave
Posted By: Sondi

Re: Cryptograms - 01/17/13 08:24 PM

6. It's been my policy to view the internet not as an 'information highway,'
but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies. ~Mike Royko

lol

wave

Re: Cryptograms - 01/17/13 10:56 PM

Good one, Sondi! wave
Posted By: Sondi

Re: Cryptograms - 01/18/13 11:30 PM

8. So a more sensible thing it seemed to me was to go to Silicon Valley and be pushing on the technology companies to accelerate the use of audio and music in computers. ~Thomas Dolby

wave
Posted By: manxman

Re: Cryptograms - 01/20/13 02:37 AM

7. Why does everyone think the future is space helmets, silver foil, and talking like computers, like a bad episode of Star Trek? ~Tracey Ullman wave
Posted By: Pandora

Re: Cryptograms - 01/20/13 04:22 AM

The formula for transparent aluminum was traded for thick plexiglas panels to help whales escape safely into the latter part of the 23rd century in Star Trek IV. So you never really saw the foil hats on the show. Ever. razz

That's two, Rog.

Re: Cryptograms - 01/20/13 04:44 PM

Sondi, manxman - both good! smile

I stand corrected, oh mentor... lol
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Cryptograms - 01/22/13 08:27 AM

3.Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot- proof programs, while the Universe is trying .So far the Universe is winning.Rich Cook. yes wave

Re: Cryptograms - 01/22/13 04:55 PM

Near enough, Haroula - you missed a chumk out. smile

The full quote is:

Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning. ~Rich Cook

Re: Cryptograms - 01/22/13 06:03 PM

2. A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. ~Mitch Ratcliffe wave

Re: Cryptograms - 01/22/13 08:33 PM

Another goodie, manxman! wave
Posted By: Cue

Re: Cryptograms - 01/23/13 04:44 PM

10. Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the 'Most reliable windows ever.' To me, this is like saying that asparagus is 'The most articulate vegetable ever.' ~Dave Barry lol
Posted By: CCbomber

Re: Cryptograms - 01/24/13 05:09 AM

5. Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it,
and get a new one every six months. ~Clifford Stoll wave
Posted By: Jema

Re: Cryptograms - 01/24/13 05:44 AM

9. Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves. ~ Alan Kay wave

I thought an Egyptian pyramid did have structural integrity; otherwise, how could they have lasted for thousands of years? headscratch
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Cryptograms - 01/24/13 07:26 AM

4. I Think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~ Stephen Hawking

Re: Cryptograms - 01/24/13 11:05 PM

Flo, Jema - good solves! wave

Good question, Jema - dunno. Maybe just the sheer size and weight think

Re: Cryptograms - 01/26/13 12:52 AM

5. Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months. ~Clifford Stoll
great advice wave

Re: Cryptograms - 01/26/13 05:11 PM

Yes, manxman! wave
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Cryptograms - 01/26/13 10:53 PM

10. Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the most reliable Windows ever. To me, this is like saying that asparagus is the most articulate vegetable ever. ~ Dave Barry

Might I add, that XP is the tops in my book. I don't ever want to lose it. ~ Flo

Re: Cryptograms - 01/27/13 12:04 PM

I used to agree Flo, until I could no longer get a PC with XP on it. sad

So I was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Windoze 7 - hated it for the first week or so, then came to accept it. I still don;t think it's as good as XP for experienced users, but it seems to be safer and more stable than XP - never once had a Blue Screen of Death with it... smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community