GB HOMEPAGE

In Other Words

Posted By: Pandora

In Other Words - 01/29/13 02:51 PM

The five clue words are derived from an answer word that’s made up of at least eight letters, none of which is repeated. The letters of each clue word appear in the answer word in left-to-right order, though, not necessarily consecutively. For example: the letters in Colt can be found in Complexity, as can the letters in Comply, Exit, Met and Pity. Every letter of the answer appears at least once in the clue words, and one clue word in each set appears in the answer intact (Exit in the example).

As has become traditional, win bonus points and the admiration of your peers for using all five clues and the answer in a suitable sentence.

-1. let, lock, vest, lit, veto
-2. tic, hod, meal, oil, moa
-3. rah, big, ora, rap, boy
-4. why, soy, sea, eat, art
-5. pie, cab, mile, opt, pat
-6. fro, use, fame, rose, hue
-7. man, war, air, maze, oar
-8. dial, pit, red, icy, rib
-9. our, bar, cars, ola, bin
-10. hang, sin, ham, rig, hat
Posted By: Cue

Re: In Other Words - 01/29/13 03:01 PM

1. VETO, my favorite Italian bull, LET me LOCK my VEST in his stall as I LIT my stogie and went to check the rest of the LIVESTOCK. smile

Re: In Other Words - 01/29/13 03:47 PM

bravo
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: In Other Words - 01/29/13 06:43 PM

6. Tired of seeking FAME and fortune, Melvin retired to the old FARMHOUSE where he ROSE each morning to the view of the sunrise laying a HUE of gold on the horizon and to USE this as a reason to get up with the animals as they went to and FRO seeking their feed.
Posted By: Jema

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 01:11 AM

3. rah, big, ora, rap, boy - biography

The BOY opened his ORA, let out a BIG RAH, and began to RAP his fingers excitedly on the bookshop's counter after he found a copy of his beloved grandmother's out-of-print BIOGRAPHY in the used books section. wave

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 04:28 AM

Excellent! wave
Posted By: manxman

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 05:23 AM

8. predictably smile

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 05:47 AM

Correct! smile
Posted By: Sondi

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 05:50 AM

A SOY bean boat is a work of ART
The edible sails set it apart
WHY get lost at SEA with nothing to EAT
Complete your journey in this SEAWORTHY treat

wave

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 02:35 PM

7. The MAZE was AIR-tight causing a personal WAR with the MAN, a WOMANIZER, trying to break through a wall with an OAR to breathe.

Love your poem, Sondi lol

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 02:46 PM

Both answers are very clever! wave
Posted By: Sondi

Re: In Other Words - 01/30/13 05:38 PM

OUR main topic of conversation in the OLA BAR that afternoon was the elderly lady who had scooped up the broken BINOCULARS from the BIN out back and, squinting through the non-existent lenses, stood out in front for over an hour calling friendly greetings to all the CARS passing by.

(Thanks, Cue - I love all the answers here too! Boomers are very original thinkers grin)

Re: In Other Words - 01/31/13 04:05 AM

Another winner! smile

I agree Sondi. We have some very creative people here. smile

Re: In Other Words - 01/31/13 01:47 PM

10. I pulled my HAMSTRING as I was running out of the grocery store with a HAM under my HAT and I realized it was a SIN to RIG up something like that. Would I HANG for this?

I really enjoy reading these too. lol

Re: In Other Words - 01/31/13 03:37 PM

Delightful! smile
Posted By: Jema

Re: In Other Words - 02/07/13 02:32 PM

5. pie, cab, mile, opt, pat - compatible wave

I'd walk a MILE for a PIE to eat
But I'd OPT for a COMPATIBLE CAB
Where I can sit and just PAT my feet
While daydreaming there won't be a tab.

Re: In Other Words - 02/07/13 03:25 PM

Brilliance! wave

Re: In Other Words - 02/07/13 04:41 PM

2. Preparing a MEAL of a large bird requires a METHODICAL approach. Carry the beast into the kitchen in your HOD and carefully slide it into the OIL. Caution: Carrying a bird of this size may cause a sudden muscle TIC but it's worth it because the taste is delicious. You'll probably beg for MOA. snicker

Re: In Other Words - 02/08/13 03:20 PM

lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community