GB HOMEPAGE

Spot the Intro - Quick Question...Thanks

Posted By: Urban Worrier

Spot the Intro - Quick Question...Thanks - 04/17/13 12:01 PM

As you may have noticed, it's getting a tad difficult to get fresh intros that aren't too obscure, have been hits in most parts of the civilized world, and don't launch straight into the vocal.

A decision please, guys. Would you prefer I:

a) Carried on as usual, even if it means resorting to the more obscure minor hits and/or album tracks

b) Opened it up so it's not necessarily intros, but maybe snatches of vocals, solos, outros, whatever. (Means I can re-use a lot of stuff I've already put out lol )

c) Let it fade away to a well-deserved oblivion

d) Anything else you would like to have a go at on the audio-quiz front.

It's fun preparing them, so I'm more then happy to go with the majority view.

Rog smile
Posted By: Cue

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 12:21 PM

I love the Intros, Rog, so I wouldn't want to see it go away. Using bits of songs from anywhere within the songs would offer more possibilities. There are a lot of songs that have distinguishable sounds, guitar riffs, drum solos and the like in the middle or the end that would serve as a good clue.

You could also broaden the idea by using intros or snippets from TV shows or movie theme songs.

On this type of topic....did you ever hear the "vocal only" track for "Running with the Devil"? Hysterical!

Posted By: curly

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 12:44 PM

I would like a combination of a) and b) if it's possible.

Thanks Rog.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 01:22 PM

I think (b) would be fun.
Posted By: Lex

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 01:36 PM

Hi Rog,

I vote with Curly for a and b.

I think that these are great, and should certainly not be discontinued.

I was wondering about trying something similar myself with longer bits from instrumental breaks in blues (and/or other less mainstream music) tracks, which I recall someone doing a few years ago. The trouble is I haven't yet worked out how to extract short bursts from my mp3 collection!

smile
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 02:36 PM

i think 'b' would be fun .
lots of choices for more of a name that tune kind of thing, maybe could be done by theme - blues,guitar ,drums ,or really really old singers ?
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 02:54 PM

b yes wave
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/17/13 04:23 PM

B sounds like fun smile
Posted By: Cue

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/18/13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Lex
The trouble is I haven't yet worked out how to extract short bursts from my mp3 collection!

If you have iTunes, you can create a copy in WAV format. Once that's done, Windows Sound Recorder will open it and allow you to select portions of the track.
Posted By: Urban Worrier

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question... - 04/18/13 06:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback, folks! Option B was the one I was sorta hoping for. I do like the idea of themes as well.

Will consign the current Spot the Intro to an unmarked grave, and its replacement will spring Phoenix-like from the ashes ASAP smile

Cue - will investigate real soon now smile
Posted By: Lex

Re: Spot the Intro - Quick Question...Thanks - 04/18/13 08:20 PM

No Rog, I think we all mean that you should keep spot the intro going but add another for b... lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community