GB HOMEPAGE

I'm back - somewhat!

Posted By: Jema

I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 04:20 PM

First, I want to apologize to MaG, Pandora, Curly, and anyone else who has emailed or called me during my long absence, for not answering.

Without going into detail, 2015 was not a kind year for me healthwise. I have spent a lot of time either in the hospital or a transition facility. Then the times I was home about the only thing I could do was go to the bathroom, but I had to hold onto someone's arm to get me there and back to my chair.

This time at home things have gotten some better. I can slowly and carefully walk around the apartment without holding onto someone. Still not doing any major cooking but, if someone fixes the food and puts it in something I can put in the microwave and heat, I can manage that.

I haven't driven my car since November 2014, so one of my children (mostly my daughter) still has to do all my grocery and any other shopping.

I can't spend as long on the computer at one time as I did before, but a little is better than none. It really feels good to be back here even for a brief time.

Love, hearts

Jema
Posted By: soot

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 05:50 PM

It's great to have you back Jema!

Take care!!

Dan
wave
Posted By: Lex

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:07 PM

Hello again Jema! wave

I hope that the path gets easier as time passes, although having someone else do the grocery shopping and prepare the food sounds like a good arrangement if you can get away with it...
Posted By: curly

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:08 PM

Hi Jema. Nice to hear from you. Take care of yourself. XXX
Posted By: Marian

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:13 PM

Jema, I'm sorry about the rough time you have been having. It's very good to hear from you. You are missed in the Garden. Take good care of yourself. hearts
Posted By: manxman

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:16 PM

Hi Jema, Good to see you back in the garden. Take care of yourself and get better. smile
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:17 PM

Jema, so glad to hear you're doing better. Hoping 2016 is a better year for you in all ways! flowers
Posted By: OrleansBelle

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:26 PM

Sorry to hear you were ill.

I hope 2016 is a better year for you.

All the best always
Posted By: GBC

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 06:42 PM

bravo So glad to see you back Jema. Wishing you a full recovery. Hugs! hearts
Posted By: bermag45

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 07:32 PM

It is lovely to see you back in the garden again Jema. You sound very strong willed so hang in there and get better as quickly as possible.

Bernie wave thumbsup
Posted By: michele rose

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 08:13 PM

Hi Jema.....sending my good wishes and prayers for a healthier you. flowers
Welcome back to the garden.

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/16/16 10:57 PM

Jema,

Wonderful to hear from you and to hear that things are progressing. Take care not to overdo things and look after yourself! wave
Posted By: Pandora

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 12:29 AM

Jema!! My heart lifted when I saw your topic and your name. I'm so happy you're able to visit us and I hope to see a lot more of you. kissy wave

Love, Sue
Posted By: CCbomber

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 02:07 AM

I'm glad to see you back, Jema. I hope you get well. And post as often as you can. wave
Posted By: BobH

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 06:39 AM

Happy to see you back Jema! I've missed seeing you here. Here's wishing you a better 2016 and the strength and comfort to allow you to come around here more often.

All the best to you, Bob
Posted By: Haroula

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 08:25 AM

welcomeback Jema wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 11:48 AM

Jema it's good to see you back. Hope you continue to feel better. Take Care. catrub
Posted By: Redz

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/17/16 02:15 PM

Hi Jema and welcome back. I've missed your weekend puzzles.
So sorry to hear about all your troubles. 2016 has to be a better
year. Take care and take it easy. We are all pulling for you kissy

Joan flowers
Posted By: Sondi

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/18/16 12:48 AM

So glad you're back, Jema. You brighten up the garden and I hope that 2016 will be a brighter and healthier year for you. happydance wave
Posted By: Cue

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/18/16 05:56 PM

Hi Jema. Everyone has missed you. Here's wishing you the best for 2016. kissy
Posted By: Jema

Re: I'm back - somewhat! - 01/19/16 12:42 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind and positive words - just what I need.

Lex, having someone else do my grocery shopping falls in the category of, "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it but not like you wanted or expected."

I'll try to get here earlier next time - maybe I'll find a puzzle or two I can try.

Love, catrub

Jema
© 2024 GameBoomers Community